Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I didn't mean it to come across as angry with you at all. Believe me, if I had someone I believed to be a legit source, I'd share the same info. I'm just trying to ingest everything we've been given and make my own logical deductions.

Don't blame you. The insiders do seem very sold on Billy being involved. But at the end of the day, the only people who know are not posting on message boards daily.

We can only pray.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

38 minutes ago, Prilla the Thrilla said:

My buddy is close with an IU student that has "relations" with a player or two on the team. This student said that according to a player that will remain nameless, Donovan has communicated with players today (not sure if the whole team or not, and not sure if he communicated with them in Bloomington or not), but there has been communication between BD and members of the team. This player also said it has been made pretty clear that all of the guys want Donovan, and that his hiring would prevent a lot of transfers. 

Stop it! Where to begin?

An NBA coach who doesn't want to distract his current team is communicating with members of a college team? That's not how you keep something like this under wraps.

One of the IU players shared this information with a student? If the player shared the news with that student then he would have shared it with numerous other individuals, the entire campus would know by now.

Sometimes we all want to avoid what is clearly visible. We are about to go down the Adidas rabbit hole with Steve Alford and Ed Schilling.

4 minutes ago, MisterBigRig said:

An NBA coach who doesn't want to distract his current team is communicating with members of a college team? That's not how you keep something like this under wraps.

If you saw the Thunder play last night, they look pretty distracted already.

5 minutes ago, MisterBigRig said:

One of the IU players shared this information with a student? If the player shared the news with that student then he would have shared it with numerous other individuals, the entire campus would know by now.

How do you know this?

44 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

See my post 8 of the 11 top scorers came AFTER Mike White was hired. 2 of them were committed to BD but decommitted when he left. MW brought them back against a strong push from Arkansas for Allen. Florida is my brothers favorite team so I have watched them for years and are kinda my second favorite program. I want to take White from him to piss him off hahaha. Probably makes sense why I have mentioned him for awhile now. I watch quite a few games.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Way to cherry pick by adding the 11. Of their 8 rotation players to get more than 500 minutes 4 were already there before he was hired and 2 had already committed and just needed convinced to stay after opening up their commitments. 

So pardon me for not being convinced he can build a roster on his own yet. 

Just spent the last 45 min catching up on this thread. Yeah, I last check at 3 pm today...... and it took me 45 min. Getting to be quite the soap opera around here. Illicit affairs, guys in black suits, rumors flying, planes flying, small towns in Ohio and Indiana as well as the local ice cream shops! Gotta love this board and all that is IU basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Man 247 is out there, I think I'll stick to btb haha. So much stuff flying around right now. I need more info!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Are you reading the active conversation(s) on there right now?

Edited by NCHoosier

All I know is I'm confident that someone is getting hired and it'll be announced sooner than later. 

This is all my personal speculation, but the timing of rumors and hiring of a search firm lead me to believe the contracts are near complete/completed.