Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

29 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

It's in IU's best interest to name a coach ASAP (Still get your guy) or there won't be a recruiting class left.

I'm not so sure That's a bad thing. None of their recruits are "program makers". I think a really good coach (aka Donovan) could take what's remaining and have a pretty competitive team next year. At worst, leave the scholarships open and give himself plenty open spots to recruits to. 

4 minutes ago, RedsIUfan said:

I'm not so sure That's a bad thing. None of their recruits are "program makers". I think a really good coach (aka Donovan) could take what's remaining and have a pretty competitive team next year. At worst, leave the scholarships open and give himself plenty open spots to recruits to. 

I can live without Durham, but Moore is intriguing. Justin Smith is the one I don't want to lose.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Mile ended up clarifying.  The booster would pay the rest of Donovan's contract if necessary, that's a big chunk of change.

Why would the booster pay the rest of Donovan's contract? I don't think that's the way it works.

The quicker IU can get everyone associated with Crean players and recruits included (except a few bright spots) out of the program the better they will be in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is not alot of players that need to go. These kids played in a flawed system that seemed at most times thst lacked fundamentals.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

I can live without Durham, but Moore is intriguing. Justin Smith is the one I don't want to lose.

The good news is, there's always people who can play ball.  Other coaches have left other schools too, so there still recruits that haven't signed and have asked for releases. Grad transfers too. Depending on who we get as a coach, 2018 might be loaded. 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

He wouldn't have to forfeit that money and if he dont totally love the nba it would make decision to come here alot easier. Not much risk that way

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think you guys know how this works.

8 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

I pretty much agree with that. Even Smith isn't a make or break recruit though imo. I feel like if we are going to compete With the big boys though (UK, UNC, Duke, etc) we need to start With better recruiting. You need a coach who can maximize that talent as well but it starts With talent. While we've had talent At times last 6 years we haven't had the depth of talent and in my opinion not near the coaching needed. 

Edited by RedsIUfan

No booster is going to have to pay the remainder of Donovan's contract. Donovan doesn't get that money. BD would get whatever is being offered in the new contract with IU.