Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I talked to a diehard Kentucky fan today at work. His outsider take was: We should go hard at 1) Donovan. 2) Alford 3) Marshall 4) Bennett

He said Alford would worry him (talked about UK loss to UCLA this year). Says Donovan would take the CBB world by storm.

He thinks Marshall would be another Crean(I don't agree but many think the same thing).

He hates Bennett's style and said it would bore him but he respects him.

Not a bad list at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What are you doing having conversations with a Kentucky fan???

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I just think Alford carries too much sleaze baggage and he's not going to get the job.  We had sleaze with Sampson and I don't think the Trustees or FG want that in any candidates background.  I don't care if he's an Indiana kid, a Bob Knight kid, etc.  He's tainted because of his own doing.  If he is the hire, I will be bitterly disappointed.

4 minutes ago, MisterBigRig said:

I think folks are forgetting about Sean Miller, he seems to be the most likely realistic candidate.

He's already making like 4.5m.  If we're going to pay someone that much money we'd might as well pay up for Donovan.

He's already making like 4.5m.  If we're going to pay someone that much money we'd might as well pay up for Donovan.

He makes more than Brad Stevens and he is a 1-3 seed in tourney every year. Recruits top 5 classes all the time.

Would love to have him but hard to see it. Have heard there might be interest due to Midwest roots but I think he has things going too well to jeopardize.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners