Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I love how much JMV is pushing Dane Fife because he knows him. haha

Dane Fife needs to go get a head coaching job. He needs to show he can successfully run a program. It would be significant risk for a power 5 school to hire him outright. A risk that IU can't afford to take at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

Dane Fife needs to go get a head coaching job. He needs to show he can successfully run a program. It would be significant risk for a power 5 school to hire him outright. A risk that IU can't afford to take at the moment.

If this were 2008 we probably would have given someone like him a chance. 

Take this with whatever serious you so choose to... but... I was told today that Billy Donovan's wife was in Bloomington looking at houses with a realtor this weekend.  

Pictures or confirmation ! Someone on this ?

Think we can lock the thread with this post.  First guy to post concrete evidence.  Can't deny this.

He's driving a Kia? ****, maybe we don't need to pay him all that much. Humble, low-key guy.

I talked to a diehard Kentucky fan today at work. His outsider take was: We should go hard at 1) Donovan. 2) Alford 3) Marshall 4) Bennett

He said Alford would worry him (talked about UK loss to UCLA this year). Says Donovan would take the CBB world by storm.

He thinks Marshall would be another Crean(I don't agree but many think the same thing).

He hates Bennett's style and said it would bore him but he respects him.

Not a bad list at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Riley Roudebush said:

Take this with whatever serious you so choose to... but... I was told today that Billy Donovan's wife was in Bloomington looking at houses with a realtor this weekend.  

Welcome aboard Riley.  Kind of news we like to see for your first post.  Don't let it be your last.

I am aaking for info, nor questioning anyones thought. I know Tonagel has had lots of success at IW, his coaching is not,a question. But he has never had to deal with getting Top rated recruits, what gives you confidence in him?

Been unable to check this site since 9:00 this morning - Xanax, must have more Xanax.

Reading about Jimmy Breslin, the legendary NYC newspaper columnist who just passed away.  One of his favorite quotes was:  "Media, the plural of mediocrity".  Hopefully I haven't offended too many journalism majors.

Nah....

Just message board stuff. We are a worried and excited bunch.

To me only 2 names unite fanbase. 4-6 make some happy and others mad. The rest it'll be mayhem. It might be mayhem with that 4-6 grouping. That's why we worry.

Glass certainly seems motivated to fulfill expectations that we all want. I'm trusting the process right now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Don't think getting alford is going to do that

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

I really want to believe that a Donovan deal at this point is just a matter of technicalities, but I just can't say I do.  Maybe there is some interest on his part, but I don't really think it's that far and frankly I don't think I trust IU to do whatever it takes to get him.  I think this hire needs to be a homerun, I don't think IU can afford to go young and hope someone like Archie Miller isn't just a younger Tom Crean, but I'm not sure the administration cares that much.

Gut feeling, your next Indiana Hoosiers head coach.................

Steve Alford