Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

3/20/17 ... The day we turned on each other.

Nah....

Just message board stuff. We are a worried and excited bunch.

To me only 2 names unite fanbase. 4-6 make some happy and others mad. The rest it'll be mayhem. It might be mayhem with that 4-6 grouping. That's why we worry.

Glass certainly seems motivated to fulfill expectations that we all want. I'm trusting the process right now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Rookie33 said:

FWIW, I just received a text from a friend whose father-in-law is on the board of trustees.  Claims Donovan (w/ Calbert as an assistant) is done and that an announcement may come as soon as tonight.  Again, this is not confirmed, but the father-in-law's status is legit/confirmed (as he flies to all home games from Carmel), so I pay it some credence as it's consistent with what we all have been hearing....  

LikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikeLikelikelikelikelikelike

1 minute ago, Rookie33 said:

FWIW, I just received a text from a friend whose father-in-law is on the board of trustees.  Claims Donovan (w/ Calbert as an assistant) is done and that an announcement may come as soon as tonight.  Again, this is not confirmed, but the father-in-law's status is legit/confirmed (as he flies to all home games from Carmel), so I pay it some credence as it's consistent with what we all have been hearing....  

WHAT?? You are just now coming out with this kind of source??

This hypothetical of Donovan, Anthony Grant, Calbert is the dream team. Would be amazing. Grant is a great coach as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

Can confirm I'm feeling something growing..

Wow this would be great.

I'm not counting on tonight (HUGE game for the Thunder at 8:00), but an announcement tomorrow or this week would be fantastic.

"Don't expect an announcement anytime soon. Probably next week or even after. There isn't a frontrunner in terms of closing the deal with someone. They are having phone interviews as we speak. The search firm is working on the terms of contracts and settling down the heat of the rumors going around. Don't expect much news to be leaked for a few days besides potential coaches in tourney still being asked questions by the press. I have heard now that a couple candidates are out they will get formal meetings soon so they can get all the intel they can on some candidates to shorten their list down to 2 maybe 3 guys. Gregg Marshall, Tony Bennett, Chris Collins & possibly Archie Miller should all have done their interviews by weeks end. Steve Alford and Billy Donovan are two targets that are being discussed but since neither can really find a way to an in person interview yet it is slowing things down. The further UCLA goes is bad news for IU fans that actually want him, because UCLA reps have said they were okay with him leaving 2 days ago but if he beats UK they are very much willing to give him a raise and keep him on board. There is one candidate they are willing to offer over 5 million for at least. No names with it but it is being thrown around. Also there is a reason IU media guys have as many sources as rabid fans. Glass knows they will leak it and some have ruined their reputation with IU with the Crean firing. I would expect Kent Sterling to be the best media source with this search. Sorry it took me a few days to reach you, but it has been extremely busy around here man. Daniel Tosh and Bobby Knight coming to town soon as well as the Men's BB stuff, no one knows when all this will be settled. Have a good old fashion day stalking twitter like normal buddy, but I would relax for a few days. You aren't gonna miss anything."

Email I just received from a close friend in the Bloomington area. He works in advertising media relations and has done a couple projects with IU and the HS's in the area. Sounds pretty reasonable to me and no breaking news stuff here, but figured it would help with the proposed announcement today.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app