Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

People who are basing "Janitors" identity as a woman based on calling them "Kim" do realize "Kim" is a gender neutral name (although more common for women) I assume? Anyone know a Kim close to the athletic department?

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

People who are basing "Janitors" identity as a woman based on calling them "Kim" do realize "Kim" is a gender neutral name (although more common for women) i assume? Anyone know a Kim close to the athletic department?

I'm pretty sure Kim is not the Janitor's real name.

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I just checked the athletic department directory and it contains one person named Kim. It is Kim Chavers and she is an assistant coach on the rowing team: http://iuhoosiers.com/staff.aspx?staff=564

Anyone think it's her? Probably not so the mystery deepens.

I just checked the athletic department directory and it contains one person named Kim. It is Kim Chavers and she is an assistant coach on the rowing team: http://iuhoosiers.com/staff.aspx?staff=564
Anyone think it's her? Probably not so the mystery deepens.

People who are basing "Janitors" identity as a woman based on calling them "Kim" do realize "Kim" is a gender neutral name (although more common for women) I assume? Anyone know a Kim close to the athletic department?

Hmm there's also Kim Schmider from the tennis team. Didn't someone say the Janitor was "no longer in the gym?" Did that mean no longer on staff or the janitor's sources are no longer trustworthy/existent?

My guess is Kim Roberson would have been around for the Sampson news. Would have had friends around for the devin Davis incident. And would explain why the info is less reliable and constant as more middlemen get between her and the info. 

That being said I don't think Kim is the real name and I think it's somebody with some level of access still. 

Why so much hate for SA? Why does everyone on this mb think he's a bad coach? Name a coach that would consistently win at SWMST, NMST and Iowa? Of course he's not going to win championships with those teams. It's remarkable he was able to do what he did with those teams.  He finally gets a legit job at UCLA and look what he's done in a short time.  He's Also put together the #2 recruiting class for next year.  Interesting what happens to good coaches when they get a legit basketball team. Think Bill Self would be consistently winning if still at Tulsa? Think Sean Miller would be pulling in top 5 talent at Xavier? I was never a big SA supporter until seeing what he has done with UCLA.  At UCLA, he has proven (in a short time) that he can win and recruit with a top tier college basketball program.  I have no reason to think he wouldn't carry even more recruiting weight in his home state and bring consistent winning and championship opportunities for many years to come. 

Probably pointless to post on this SA bash fest/BD love fest site, but couldn't help myself...

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan73 said:

Why so much hate for SA? Why does everyone on this mb think he's a bad coach? Name a coach that would consistently win at SWMST, NMST and Iowa? Of course he's not going to win championships with those teams. It's remarkable he was able to do what he did with those teams.  He finally gets a legit job at UCLA and look what he's done in a short time.  He's Also put together the #2 recruiting class for next year.  Interesting what happens to good coaches when they get a legit basketball team. Think Bill Self would be consistently winning if still at Tulsa? Think Sean Miller would be pulling in top 5 talent at Xavier? I was never a big SA supporter until seeing what he has done with UCLA.  At UCLA, he has proven (in a short time) that he can win and recruit with a top tier college basketball program.  I have no reason to think he wouldn't carry even more recruiting weight in his home state and bring consistent winning and championship opportunities for many years to come. 

Probably pointless to post on this SA bash fest/BD love fest site, but couldn't help myself...

The coach before him and after him at Iowa both had more success. Call me win he reaches and elite 8 until then he's not even to be considered a winner. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan73 said:

You mean the losing season he had last year?.Or the year before when they were mediocre. He is just as inconsistent as Crean has been. He hasn't proven crap in his short time at UCLA other than he should praise the crazy ground that Lavar Ball walks on. How about the off the court baggage.

Your last comment is so comical. There isn't even a comparison between Alford and Donovan as coaches, Donovan blows him out of the water and it isn't close 

Billy Donavan = total package

Brad Stevens = good coach without a championship .

Steve Alford = good instate recruiter . ( reliving the past not a good idea , but better than what we had .

Greg Marshall & Archie Miller = two good coaches, but again settling imo .

I want the Proven winner (per Fred Glass) and the only one Proven is Billy Donavan with 2 NC

Personally, I don't hate him at all. Just can't tell me we would even consider him without his IU ties. Much like Crean, he's been around long enough that you know what you have in him. He's not the home run hire we all want.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This 22 year stat is silly to me. He coached the bulk of these years at IOWA, SWMST, and New Mexico. These schools are laughable. Making NCAA from these schools is a major milestone unto itself.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

How is it laughable? At some point if you are a good coach it's going to shine. I don't want Gregg Marshall here but the dude can coach. We can't keep pushing the finish line back because he hasn't shown consistency and expect it to click here. With Crean we thought 12-13 could be a turning point and it ended up being the odd year. You are what you are at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Vitale campaigning for Alford to IU.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

We should listen to those national media guys. They know what they are talking about... They just want us to get someone in there who won't improve so that they can tell us they were right about Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can't even explain how much the national media is out of the loop. Are these their actual thoughts or are they just trolling us like Dakich? I think Goodman might be that stupid but not sure on everyone else

My thing with Alford is yeah, he's probably a better coach than Crean but does anyone really consider him a home run hire?

I'm not sure that any coach is actually a home run by themselves. Seems more likely it would be a combination of factors that would create a home run "situation". Certainly the coach, but also the institution, the assistants, players, timing, luck.......

I think this is in part why people talk about the fit.