Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I'd certainly be pleased for FG to get input from Woodie and Randy.  Both have an abundance of basketball knowledge and experience.  Since neither has been part of a college staff (and had to deal with recruiting), I don't believe they'd be candidates for the HC job.  I'd guess they're both quite comfortable financially, so they wouldn't likely want to be assistant coaches at any level at this time in their lives.  But it sure would be sweet if they could be involved with the program and impart some of their collected wisdom on our players.

Woodson is an assistant coach right now. I don't think he'd mind helping out Indiana but I wouldn't want him as head coach.

3 minutes ago, WestCoastView said:

We know for sure we don't know who is coaching IU yet. We don't need an IU GUY! We need a young, cerebral tactician with a proven record of winning. Offer Brad Stevens  $5 million + incentives and reap the rewards from national branding and marketing once the National Championships start rolling in. 

Brad has already pulled himself out of the running. Never going to happen. 

Billy Donovan is gonna happen though so all is good

I'm becoming more convinced with each new post that you're BTowninsider over on HSN.The confidence in which you state things is warily similar. There is nothing wrong with this; simply an observation.

5 minutes ago, smpenny2009 said:

I'm becoming more convinced with each new post that you're BTowninsider over on HSN.The confidence in which you state things is warily similar. There is nothing wrong with this; simply an observation.

You're not the first guy to say this lol

Just my opinion. Don't feel like we've gotten any truly solid information this year that hasn't been a parrot of what someone else is saying.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Isn't that what they all do? Like they are each other's source?

Over at 247, those guys were like gone/staying/gone/staying. Makes you darn near dizzy.

Glass knows for sure that this hire will define his tenure at IU. I lost a little faith in him over his handling of the whole NIT home game ordeal, but I'm pretty convinced he totally understands what this hire means to his future.

Given the remarks from his presser, I have to believe he already has the successor lined up, or at least has enough info that he has a pretty good idea who legitimate candidates are. IMO, he doesn't make many of those comments without some idea he isn't settling for his 7th or 8th choice.

Dakich knows absolutely "nothing." Glass is keeping this close to the vest. Dakich will know the new coach the same time that the rest of us do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Dakich is much easier to take when you realize 99% of what he says is to try to emote enough of a response that it makes people tune into his show. I've learned to ignore him and his show because I'm uninterested. If he was half as smart as he thought he was, he'd have a coaching job.

Dakich is much easier to take when you realize 99% of what he says is to try to emote enough of a response that it makes people tune into his show. I've learned to ignore him and his show because I'm uninterested. If he was half as smart as he thought he was, he'd have a coaching job.

Exactly, a lot of people don't understand that they're doing exactly what he wants them to do. No publicity is bad publicity when you do sports radio.

1 hour ago, WestCoastView said:

We know for sure we don't know who is coaching IU yet. We don't need an IU GUY! We need a young, cerebral tactician with a proven record of winning. Offer Brad Stevens  $5 million + incentives and reap the rewards from national branding and marketing once the National Championships start rolling in. 

I'd offer him more than that.  He is FAR more a tactician than Donovan, and he's a defensive genius.  I wonder if anybody realizes that in the 2009-2010 season, no team scored more than 61 points against Butler all season until Duke scored 62 in the NCAA Final?   He's all about communication, and he plans for each team better than any coach in America.   If we're going after an NBA guy, Stevens would be my choice 10 times out of 10.  I'd offer him as much money as we possibly can, a 10 year deal, and make him say no.

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'd offer him more than that.  He is FAR more a tactician than Donovan, and he's a defensive genius.  I wonder if anybody realizes that in the 2009-2010 season, no team scored more than 61 points against Butler all season until Duke scored 62 in the NCAA Final?   He's all about communication, and he plans for each team better than any coach in America.   If we're going after an NBA guy, Stevens would be my choice 10 times out of 10.  I'd offer him as much money as we possibly can, a 10 year deal, and make him say no.

The thing is though he already has said no. He loves it in Boston and won't be leaving until they kick his @$$ out. 

36 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Then again, it's funny that guys on a chat board, whichever one you choose, think THEY know something.  Here, people are giving credence to some guy on another board who for years has claimed he knows things; yet he's been wrong time after time.  Glass said just yesterday he doesn't have "a guy."  Which means he is going to talk to many people.  He may have a guy in mind, but for anyone to say it's definitely one guy or another is silly.  Nobody on any chat board knows a damned thing.  Dakich, like him or not, is very connected and I promise you he knows more than some dude running a public chat board.   He's full of sh*t sometimes.  No question.  

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

The thing is though he already has said no. He loves it in Boston and won't be leaving until they kick his @$$ out. 

Lots of coaches say no before they say yes.  I think it's a pipe dream; but I'd still take the shot.  He's the best, and Glass has said resources won't stop him from getting who he wants.  Maybe something else will; but I'd make the offer and make him reject it.

While I don't think we have a shot at Stevens every coach that has ever left for a new job has always said no publicly before he did so. Him saying he has no interest publicly means absolutely nothing.

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Lots of coaches say no before they say yes.  I think it's a pipe dream; but I'd still take the shot.  He's the best, and Glass has said resources won't stop him from getting who he wants.  Maybe something else will; but I'd make the offer and make him reject it.

I am willing to bet an awful lot that an offer has already been made. That is the point I was trying to make. 

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

While I don't think we have a shot at Stevens every coach that has ever left for a new job has always said no publicly before he did so. Him saying he has no interest publicly means absolutely nothing.

It isn't the fact he said no. It is the way he said no. Compare his statement to Donovan's. 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

I am willing to bet an awful lot that an offer has already been made. That is the point I was trying to make. 

Interesting thought.  I don't think we'll ever know that for sure; but if an offer was made and rejected, Glass did what he needed to do.  On to the next.  Like I said, Stevens, though perfect in my opinion, was a pipe dream; and not likely; but you have to take that shot.  At one point, he said IU was his dream job, so you have to see if you can land him.  If not?  Move on.