Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

IU fans, don't count on a big namer. Mike Lightfoot may be tapped as a short-term transition coach. Mike is the winningest coach in NAIA history who recently announced his retirement from his 31-year coaching position in northern Indiana. Realize, the IU coaching change Is as much about getting back to fundamentals as it is winning.

The walk down the floor clear-out for penetration kick for a three is FUNDAMENTALLY unsound. It lacks in rebounding opportunities, consistent scoring, and is high in turnovers. IU basketball, sad to say, is no longer a premier program as evidenced by poor attendance despite seats sold. For decades,(even the Samson years) the seats were filled with excited fans. That has not been the case over the last couple of years.

Really wish there was video online somewhere of Michael Lewis throwing the in bounds pass off the Iowa guy's face lmao.  I was 9 years old at the time when that happened and it's one of my first vivid memories of Indiana basketball. Funny story, I had a nerf goal in my house and I was playing with my mom and I yelled "I'M MICHAEL LEWIS!" and threw the ball right at her face from point blank range lmao. It didn't end well for me, but my dad thought it was hilarious. 

I remember this incident as Todd Jadlow throwing the ball.

16 minutes ago, 87ashtonhoosier said:

IU fans, don't count on a big namer. Mike Lightfoot may be tapped as a short-term transition coach. Mike is the winningest coach in NAIA history who recently announced his retirement from his 31-year coaching position in northern Indiana. Realize, the IU coaching change Is as much about getting back to fundamentals as it is winning.

The walk down the floor clear-out for penetration kick for a three is FUNDAMENTALLY unsound. It lacks in rebounding opportunities, consistent scoring, and is high in turnovers. IU basketball, sad to say, is no longer a premier program as evidenced by poor attendance despite seats sold. For decades,(even the Samson years) the seats were filled with excited fans. That has not been the case over the last couple of years.

Where in the world did you come up with this

2 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

I remember this incident as Todd Jadlow throwing the ball.

that was probably the time it happened a decade before haha http://www.qconline.com/opinion/columnists/hawkeyes-say-indiana-player-s-pass-sickening/article_02b20f33-05e7-5506-ab2d-3ae3e3799997.html

Would never happen but I'd be curious to see jay bilas as a bball coach.
Reminds me of how they pulled Purdue Person vermeil back out of broadcasting and he lead the rams to a super bowl win.

32 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Really wish there was video online somewhere of Michael Lewis throwing the in bounds pass off the Iowa guy's face lmao.  I was 9 years old at the time when that happened and it's one of my first vivid memories of Indiana basketball. Funny story, I had a nerf goal in my house and I was playing with my mom and I yelled "I'M MICHAEL LEWIS!" and threw the ball right at her face from point blank range lmao. It didn't end well for me, but my dad thought it was hilarious. 

i think that  was Jadlow?

6 hours ago, Rookie33 said:

That's why the timing was ingenious... we are relevant even though we are not playing in the tourney. Glass impressed me yesterday.

Yea, screw the NCAA. The timong was based off the NIT game.

Dude I know more about UF than you could learn in next 10 yrs. If you dont like the statement then move little man. If you cant get Stevens or Miller you might as well kept Crean.

If you want to reach a bit, Vic is on his OKC roster.
A strain yourself type of reach, as player and assistant coach he saw IU at it's peak up close.

It's intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers that your use of proper grammer and spelling, along with your knowledge of UF basketball, was derived from a lone internet post penned by a University of Kentsucky graduate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep, this site has been really enjoyable to be on again with minimal name calling/fighting going on and we want to keep it that way. A new poster with 8 posts calling our members idiots and morons has no chance of sticking around here.

U have my support 100%

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

Keep in mind fellas....Alford at Indiana is a very different hire and coach than Alford at Iowa or anywhere else.  The "fit" matters; and he's been able to consistently recruit Indiana kids no matter where he's been.  Just food for thought, as I know he's not a popular choice.  I don't think his resume matters much.  He'd be FAR better at Indiana than either Miller brother or Billy Donovan; and I simply do not understand the love affair with Donovan.  I know he has a great resume, but he's not (in my mind) a fit at Indiana.   This place is still unique and has its own culture.  He and that culture don't mix..

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Keep in mind fellas....Alford at Indiana is a very different hire and coach than Alford at Iowa or anywhere else.  The "fit" matters; and he's been able to consistently recruit Indiana kids no matter where he's been.  Just food for thought, as I know he's not a popular choice.  I don't think his resume matters much.  He'd be FAR better at Indiana than either Miller brother or Billy Donovan; and I simply do not understand the love affair with Donovan.  I know he has a great resume, but he's not (in my mind) a fit at Indiana.   This place is still unique and has its own culture.  He and that culture don't mix..

I think his resume is everything. I see talented teams stumbling in the sweet sixteen. Maybe he makes a run this year and proves me wrong.