Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Would Devonte start at the point if Romeo AND Taylor commit? Or would it be Phinisee? 

I would still go with Devonte at the point, Romeo at the two, then RP & Taylor coming off the bench. Makes the whole team stronger. 

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Romeo, we know you're following btb we just don't know your screen name, but take note that Morgan is apparently coming back for his senior season.   Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside maybe?

Plot twist: DBM is actually Romeo's alias and he gave Archie the silent verbal months ago.:farting_smiley:

Just now, Hovadipo said:

I think the amounts of transfers and fluidity of the roster in past years kind of makes people just assume guys will be leaving when things seem bad. 

I think there will be one, but that's it. I have no idea who that is. I also agree after the last 9 years were just use to people leaving.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would still go with Devonte at the point, Romeo at the two, then RP & Taylor coming off the bench. Makes the whole team stronger. 

PG Devonte Green

SG Romeo Langford

SF Ryan Taylor

PF Juwan Morgan

C ????

Bench: Justin Smith, Zach McRoberts, Jerome Hunter, Robert Phinisee, Al Durham, Damezi Anderson 

I am just uncertain about our bigs still. But this is a strong lineup. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think there will be one, but that's it. I have no idea who that is. I also agree after the last 9 years were just use to people leaving.

I think Clifton Moore. I could very well be wrong. I just think he would've played a little more since we needed a big man after De'Ron went down. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

PG Devonte Green

SG Romeo Langford

SF Ryan Taylor

PF Juwan Morgan

C ????

Bench: Justin Smith, Zach McRoberts, Jerome Hunter, Robert Phinisee, Al Durham, Damezi Anderson 

I am just uncertain about our bigs still. But this is a strong lineup. 

I still have have 

Green

Romeo

Smith or McRoberts or Hunter

Morgan or Smith

Davis or Morgan or Thompson

With everyone else coming off the bench

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still have have 

Green

Romeo

Smith or McRoberts or Hunter

Morgan or Smith

Davis or Morgan or Thompson

With everyone else coming off the bench

That is a great lineup as well. Is 247 a good place to look at recruiting rankings? It has Hunter as a top 50 recruit, Anderson in the top 100, and Phinisee close to it. 

I think Moore has to be the number 1 transfer candidate with the information we have. He plays a position we’re pretty solid at (no, he will never be a center or be able to play the 5 in the B10), needs to get significantly stronger and smarter within the flow of the college game, and has mentioned in the past he refused to be redshirted so he could play. 

I don’t see him getting any time next year, either. So at this point, it’s up to Clifton if he wants to put in the work or try to play somewhere else.

45 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

That is a great lineup as well. Is 247 a good place to look at recruiting rankings? It has Hunter as a top 50 recruit, Anderson in the top 100, and Phinisee close to it. 

As of March 20th, 247 has us with the 21st ranked national class and 4th ranked in B1G.

Hunter #52

Anderson #113

Phinisee #123

Forrester #132

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is Freddie staying in Bloomington next year as a graduate assistant or something? He was in the lease picture posted yesterday, and then was also in the picture their complex posted on the gram today.  

image.thumb.png.42c5b185b90c31e9436dda51e5fa0e3e.png

It's possible Freddie hasn't completed his degree. 

I may die on this hill but I'm confident Moore can develop and be a very solid Big10 player. and can make big strides next year  The fact that his stock rose so late in high school and the level of competition he was used to playing has to be a reason for his slow growth. I do not want to lose him at all....
Of course, if he has an attitude or work ethic problem, that's different but I'm not going to judge that by how he cheers on the bench.

Moore has the physical gifts that allows him to be as good as he wants to be. I'm not sure he has the heart or basketball IQ to get there though. If he's all in, puts in the work this off season, and things "click" he could be a contributor. I don't see that happening and could actually see Forrester pass him in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I hope they all come back. Even Moore. And then hopefully add Langford. We could legitimately win the Big Ten.

I agree. that will be a solid team, plus the B1G will still suck, IMO. 

MSU will be worse (maybe a lot), PeeEww will be way down,  Ohio St will drop off, Michigan loses 2 of their best 3 players. A lot of opportunity to move up.

Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa and Penn St will probably be better, but none are scary.   

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Moore has the physical gifts that allows him to be as good as he wants to be. I'm not sure he has the heart or basketball IQ to get there though. If he's all in, puts in the work this off season, and things "click" he could be a contributor. I don't see that happening and could actually see Forrester pass him in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He should have Red-shirted. Perfect candidate for it, could have improved his understanding and physique while saving a year of eligibility to contribute later. 

Hope he has the fire in his belly, but gotta wonder.