Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Wow.. Hale was awful. TJ was 6'3 not 6'6 like WS. Craft was a PG not like WS. Byrd avg 1.4pts for his career, wtf man. 

Horrible examples. 

With the benefit of Hindsight, Maybe. You can't tell me what any of those guys would have done in Indiana's system, and I promise you I left out A couple hundred kids. there are really good basketball players all over Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Southern Indiana, And Southern Illinois. if you add an hour or two, You will find even more. every year.

Tom crean spent more money on recruiting than any coach in the Big Ten when he was here. His penchant for spending other people's money was a large part of the reason he was fired. That is a fact.

10 hours ago, Ajwhitis said:

Tonight I watched Jaelan Sanford from Toledo, who has been rumored to be graduating early and would consider IU if that were to happen. He's a 6-4 guard from Evansville. 

Pros:

• Sneaky athleticism, he almost plays 35 minutes a game
  • Smooth shot, shooting 40 percent from 3
  • Gets to the line, 85 percent from free throw
  • Spreads the floor really well
  • Good vision, drive and kick ability is impressive
  • Quick dribble
  • Quick shot release 
  • Can finish through contact, he had two and-1's tonight

Cons:

• Questionable defensively, gave up 27 points to Eugene German, to be fair he's leading the MAC in scoring
  • 4 TO's, averages 1.5 per game
  • Not a great rebounder, but had 7 tonight
  • Was hesitant to shoot at times

If I had to make a reasonable comparison, I would  say a Nick Zeisloft type, who can't shoot quite as well but he is more athletic and mobile than him. Similar in-game IQ. I think him playing off the bench would be valuable, and would add much needed shooting to the lineup.

Actually, Sanford's 3 PT% is pretty much right in line with Zeisloft before he came here.  Both were about 38% for their career.

20 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Jordan Hulls was Mr. Basketball.   Come on...

OG had a terrific AAU season between junior and senior year.  He was a 4* recruit in some services.  So was Morgan.  Sheehey was nobody he couldn't have found within 2 hours of Bloomington.   Devin Davis was also highly rated.   None of the players on your list other than maybe Anunoby have out-performed their ranking.  Oladipo was a 3^ who became the college basketball player of the year and #2 draft pick.  

Can't agree with any "if's."   If my aunt had a sack, she'd be my uncle.   

46 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

With the benefit of Hindsight, Maybe. You can't tell me what any of those guys would have done in Indiana's system, and I promise you I left out A couple hundred kids. there are really good basketball players all over Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Southern Indiana, And Southern Illinois. if you add an hour or two, You will find even more. every year.

Tom crean spent more money on recruiting than any coach in the Big Ten when he was here. His penchant for spending other people's money was a large part of the reason he was fired. That is a fact.

lol - congrats to your aunt on the nutsack.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

What you think? Absolutely not. If I did, I wouldn't have the history of posting things I do. Again, you can think whatever you want.

About your "reputation". And yes, about what I think. My arguments against some of your posts seem to draw some real long-winded and sassy responses.

27 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

A reachh at best and very different context.  But keep trying.  It's cute.

Impressive really to contradict yourself in the same thread within 24 hours.

It's almost as if your posts are reactionary, lacking in all consistency, and just trying to "win" against people having a discussion. Hmmmm...

28 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

About your "reputation". And yes, about what I think. My arguments against some of your posts seem to draw some real long-winded and sassy responses.

Oooh...I like "sassy."  That's a compliment.    Thank you.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I have always thought we would lose 4 guards, Newkirk, RoJo, Jones and one more. Either Durham or Green

I would hate to lose Durham or Green but there is something about Durham I like.  You can tell (or at least it appears) he loves being a Hoosier!

23 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I would argue he found one.   In 9 years.  And that kid was at DeMatha (not exactly hidden) with a better work ethic than most of the world.  

Lot of others wore jerseys and made contributions of one kind or another; but most flamed miserably.

Agree

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I have always thought we would lose 4 guards, Newkirk, RoJo, Jones and one more. Either Durham or Green

If that happens (assuming we don't get Romeo) I'll drop my already moderate expectations for next season. I understand neither Green nor Durham are irreplaceable but only having 2 scholarship guards (one a freshman) is not a recipe for success. 

There are always grad transfers, and the Sanford kid sounds promising and all, but that should be a complimentary piece, not to fill a glaring deficiency. 

**sigh** I get tired of the constant doom and gloom, but it's discouraging to think it could easily be 2-3 yrs before IU is where we want it.  

29 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

If that happens (assuming we don't get Romeo) I'll drop my already moderate expectations for next season. I understand neither Green nor Durham are irreplaceable but only having 2 scholarship guards (one a freshman) is not a recipe for success. 

There are always grad transfers, and the Sanford kid sounds promising and all, but that should be a complimentary piece, not to fill a glaring deficiency. 

**sigh** I get tired of the constant doom and gloom, but it's discouraging to think it could easily be 2-3 yrs before IU is where we want it.  

But, Rob Phinisee, Romeo Langford, either Durham or Green, and a guy like Sanford would be a fantastic guard rotation. And, as much as I'm a fan of RoJo, that would be a huge overall upgrade.

37 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Aw man, I hate hearing you say that. Hope it's neither, but I'm more willing to lose Durham than Green...

I hope it's neither too. Just a gut feeling I had at the beginning of the season. 

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope it's neither too. Just a gut feeling I had at the beginning of the season. 

I feel the same too. With what he have coming it we will land a grad transfer and/or Romeo. I can't see those two getting as much PT as they have this year. It's the nature of the game.