Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We really do have the tools to have a decent year.  A correctly coached Morgan, Davis, Hartman and Johnson are a solid core.  Jones and Green showed great promise last year and Newkirk did as well just not at PG.  Thats 7 guys who if Archie can get them to be a positive on the court we will have a team.  We will need one Fresh to be able to contribute to have a solid 8 man rotation.  

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We really do have the tools to have a decent year.  A correctly coached Morgan, Davis, Hartman and Johnson are a solid core.  Jones and Green showed great promise last year and Newkirk did as well just not at PG.  Thats 7 guys who if Archie can get them to be a positive on the court we will have a team.  We will need one to be able to contribute to have a solid 8 man rotation.  

I agree. We have a good mix of upperclassmen and youth. I think Smith will be ready to contribute as a freshman. He has good size and athleticism. Davis being in shape should help him be able to stay on the court for the 25-30 minutes a game we need from him. As long as we stay healthy I see no reason why we can't have a successful season. We're gonna get to see right away what Archie's made of coaching wise. 

31 minutes ago, Hoosier in NC said:

Thad Matta out at Ohio State.  Glad we locked up Archie when we did!

Indeed. Definitely glad we got Archie! I saw that a source said OSU's wish list of coaches to go after are Brad Stevens, Tony Bennett, Jay Wright, Sean Miller, and  Billy Donovan. Seems like a pretty hefty list. Donovan seems interesting if you think about him reuniting with Urban Meyer from their days at Florida, but to me, IMO, Ohio State just doesn't seem to be a wow factor type of job for guys on that list...but that's the lifelong Hoosier fan in me speaking I suppose. On a side note, I'm wondering if Archie is thinking about that job now a bit in the back of his mind knowing it was said to be his "dream job". Now that he's at IU I doubt it. He knows IU is a special place to be. 

26 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

If nothing is immediate.  I can see them promoting within.  Ala Wisconsin and Greg Gard.

At this time of year, they may have to go with the dreaded interim coach tag for a year especially if their AD doesn't already have a successor in his hip pocket.   

15 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Indeed. Definitely glad we got Archie! I saw that a source said OSU's wish list of coaches to go after are Brad Stevens, Tony Bennett, Jay Wright, Sean Miller, and  Billy Donovan. Seems like a pretty hefty list. Donovan seems interesting if you think about him reuniting with Urban Meyer from their days at Florida, but to me, IMO, Ohio State just doesn't seem to be a wow factor type of job for guys on that list...but that's the lifelong Hoosier fan in me speaking I suppose. On a side note, I'm wondering if Archie is thinking about that job now a bit in the back of his mind knowing it was said to be his "dream job". Now that he's at IU I doubt it. He knows IU is a special place to be. 

I'm positive it won't happen but imagine if they did pull a guy from that list.  How depressing would that be? I'd probably lay in bed for a week in the fetal position sucking my thumb.

5 minutes ago, HOOsier Thunder said:

I had the same thought, but he would have to drop at least 20-30 lbs. to be able to play effectively in Archie's system.

His bio on ESPN lists him at 6'9" 315.