Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Also note that Luke went to Crean & told him about it. Crean told him he needed to just suck it up & get over it.

Yep. He went home right after this. Decision made. I hate going into this after the fact 3.5 years later. Not trying to bash Crean after the fact, but this was his most mishandled situation believe it or not many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Completely agree mdn82. That was the worst one. That's just inexcusable to say the least. I don't blame Luke one bit for leaving. The homesick story was yet another facade put on by Crean and his staff

I wonder if he hired a PR firm to put this out...?

This falls in line of Crean playing favorites, "not promising things for recruits", and not being a leader of young men.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I wonder if he hired a PR firm to put this out...?

This falls in line of Crean playing favorites, "not promising things for recruits", and not being a leader of young men.

It's no wonder why recruiting started to fall down the drain. Recruits finally started to realize this crap

Completely agree mdn82. That was the worst one. That's just inexcusable to say the least. I don't blame Luke one bit for leaving. The homesick story was yet another facade put on by Crean and his staff

He was really homesick but that was kind of the final straw. That is why he left during Christmas break.

14 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

You are correct. That was not the only reason he left. Other things contributed to him wanting to be closer to home.

Like Troy and his buddies smoking weed in the apartment and locking out Luke. And then stealing an autographed basketball. That's just pathetic

10 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Like Troy and his buddies smoking weed in the apartment and locking out Luke. And then stealing an autographed basketball. That's just pathetic

Isn't that what everyone does to their roommate their freshman year of college?

15 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Isn't that what everyone does to their roommate their freshman year of college?

I have no clue. What I do know though is that I don't mind people smoking kush. But what Troy and his buddies did wasn't cool. And then stealing Luke's autographed basketball on top of it. Just not right

Ugh, I remember that era like it was yesterday. All this crap happening over the year 2014, culminating in the DD incident and Troy/Stan's suspensions at the same time, was what REALLY had people calling for Crean's head by November of that year. That's what amazed me this year when people were saying "give him one more year, he's earned another chance." The fact that Crean wasn't fired for cause in 2014 WAS his second chance.

Very True, I think the issue Luke took was not that it happened but how Crean handled it indicated the kind of leader he was.  IE a weak one.  

Yeah 18 year old smokes pot and jokingly messes with his roommate and his other jerk buddy takes it too far. Happens every day.

Crean was the adult in the situation. Troy was just a stupid kid being a stupid kid. Seems like he's grown a bit.

7e1da6efcc23d411815ab9e2b757f822.jpg
Anyone else seen this?

No but would not be surprising at all. James has had a foot out the door for two years. I think even crean expected them both gone.

Sure they may have helped but we don't need guys only playing for the NBA. Time to build a team.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk