Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

15 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I have no insight on who leaves. I will say, Crean pursued some really interesting, talented young men. All 3 recruits have moved up the rankings. Bizarre that we are this excited about a class that is weak in media rankings. Crean has an eye.

Crean's under-the-radar prospects go one of two ways: (1) kids with big potential who rise in estimation when more widely seen and (2) desperation gambles (Priller, April, etc.).* I feel strongly this class is the former.

*I cannot figure out what happened with Grant Gelon tbh.

9 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

Crean's under-the-radar prospects go one of two ways: (1) kids with big potential who rise in estimation when more widely seen and (2) desperation gambles (Priller, April, etc.).* I feel strongly this class is the former.

*I cannot figure out what happened with Grant Gelon tbh.

Matt Roth regrets

I'm with pretty much everyone on JBJ. I think he'll go, and I don't think it would be a mistake if he did. I don't believe TB is going. A kid who was smart enough not to  even declare last year is smart enough to see the developmental value of 1 more year. Sure, Gelon or Priller are obvious for the other scholly. But don't I remember CAM saying in his 1st press conference that he didn't believe in deep rotations? If so, I would think he would view end of the bench/good teammate types like them preferable to 1 of McSwain/Green/Jones, who would really push for minutes. I'm going with McSwain as odd man out.

McSwain ain't going anywhere. He is 1 of 2 guys that actually improved last year over the course of the season (with JN). I think he will play 10-15 minutes a game as he's big, tough and athletic. And he just posted an Instagram photo of himself working out with CAM watching on.

Am I correct that we are currently three over the limit of 13?  Take OG out of the mix and that leaves us two over.  My fear is that the writing is on the wall and TB and JBJ aren't coming back.  

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is a redshirt a possibility with Moore now? The best case scenario would be for TB to return for a roster looking something like..

Green, Newkirk
Johnson, Jones, Durham
Morgan, Smith
Hartman, McSwain
Bryant, Davis

That's a top 5 conference starting 5 with a few solid backups. If one of Smith, Jones, or Durham can be a consistent contributor off the bench a top 3 finish isn't out of the question.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is a redshirt a possibility with Moore now? The best case scenario would be for TB to return for a roster looking something like..

Green, Newkirk
Johnson, Jones, Durham
Morgan, Smith
Hartman, McSwain
Bryant, Davis

That's a top 5 conference starting 5 with a few solid backups. If one of Smith, Jones, or Durham can be a consistent contributor off the bench a top 3 finish isn't out of the question.

None of that matters/helps with the scholarship situation. A RS takes up a scholarship... so putting a kid "on hold" for a year doesn't solve the 13 scholarship limit issue... 13 schollies and 15 kids... I'm sure Arch has an idea how this will work out, but I fear we lose a cog in the machine (TB, JBJ) rather than Gelon or MSB...