Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Yeah he might only be in college a year but might as well learn while at school. 
Hopefully some Sanctions come down on Hooker U to help us 

Even in that one year he can get a good jumpstart on his degree and continue to work on it while making millions. I hope so too, it'll help our chances and I can't talk crap to my UofL fan brother.

I'm going to root for OG but I wouldn't touch him in the first round. Not this year. No footwork at all. He will not create the separation needed at the NBA level. Travel MACHINE before he got hurt. He needed to come back and play to develop and not just go ride pine. 

He will only rebound and dunk at the next level. Can't create his own shot yet. 

Just my .02

1 minute ago, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

I'm going to root for OG but I wouldn't touch him in the first round. Not this year. No footwork at all. He will not create the separation needed at the NBA level. Travel MACHINE before he got hurt. He needed to come back and play to develop and not just go ride pine. 

Just my .02

Good for him you aren't the one making the decisions :) haha

I hope he gets a great deal. He has a lot of potential just like Oladipo did. 

Not too worried about him.

You draft on potential, not skill set. If we drafted on skill set all the time, Yogi would've been a top 5 pick. Frank Mason would be a top 5 pick as well.

OG has tremendous upside as a SF in today's league. I call him a baby Kawhi. He's got incredible length, strength, and defense. Assuming he recovers fully, he's going to be a nice player in the NBA. I see him going 10th-18th.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Good for him you aren't the one making the decisions :) haha

I hope he gets a great deal. He has a lot of potential just like Oladipo did. 

Not too worried about him.

I think his best interests are to come back and develop. I know that's not the popular opinion. He's not going to be doing much of anything next year or couple years. It's easy to say go take the money. But, a couple million minus fifty percent (maybe more depending where) and then you're not even getting to agent costs etc. It's really not that much money. Certainly not enough to live on your entire life.

A lot of people have been picked on "potential". That's a word you hear a lot but rarely ever do players live up to it fully.

Keep in mind, if he turns into an NBA superstar, I would happily eat my crow. I just don't see it.

Just my .02

No one drafting OG is doing so under the belief that he's a finished product. He'd be a perfect pick in the mid-late first round for a team with playoff potential that won't expect him to start. Then he'll be able to work on his skill development as his career without having to go to school, start for a team, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

I think his best interests are to come back and develop. I know that's not the popular opinion. He's not going to be doing much of anything next year or couple years. It's easy to say go take the money. But, a couple million minus fifty percent (maybe more depending where) and then you're not even getting to agent costs etc. It's really not that much money. Certainly not enough to live on your entire life.

A lot of people have been picked on "potential". That's a word you hear a lot but rarely ever do players live up to it fully.

Keep in mind, if he turns into an NBA superstar, I would happily eat my crow. I just don't see it.

He has just as much of an ability to develop in the NBA. With his stock as high as it is, it's really not going to get any better.

5 minutes ago, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

Too big of a risk to return and get hurt again.