Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Anyone hearing any verifiable news (good or bad) RE: CAM meeting with Smith yesterday? Really want to be excited to watch Derby City Classic next weekend (other than just to see Durham).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Durham is one of three 2017 IU signess and the first one to re-commit to playing for IU. Miller met with Lincolnshire (IL) forward Justin Smith this afternoon, and the family plans to take some time to digest everything, and Miller is scheduled to meet with Hatboro-Horsham (PA) 6-foot-10 forward Clifton Moore on Sunday.

He met with smith the same day he met with Al. His family wants time to digest everything

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Durham is one of three 2017 IU signess and the first one to re-commit to playing for IU. Miller met with Lincolnshire (IL) forward Justin Smith this afternoon, and the family plans to take some time to digest everything, and Miller is scheduled to meet with Hatboro-Horsham (PA) 6-foot-10 forward Clifton Moore on Sunday.

He met with smith the same day he met with Al. His family wants time to digest everything

Interesting that Durham recommitted same day and Smith, who hadn't even requested release from LOI needs time to decide. Really hope we land him. Insanely athletic.

In all honesty, at this point the person I'm most anxious to find out about is Rob, he could be the anchor next year and him returning would be huge, while him opting to transfer would be a crushing blow. He's all around a great player, showed flashes of what he could be under the group of coaches.

Rob hasn't officially said he's returning. Everyone puts validity into the fact that these guys are practicing with the team, but in reality, they can practice with them for as long as they're enrolled in school there or until they decide on signing an agent and leaving.

2 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

Rob hasn't officially said he's returning. Everyone puts validity into the fact that these guys are practicing with the team, but in reality, they can practice with them for as long as they're enrolled in school there or until they decide on signing an agent and leaving.

I'm glad you posted this. It's not like CAM is going to boot the guys out of the gym if they don't announce they are sticking around. It's in everybody's best interest for him to coach them and help them improve. Hopefully, that means they will stick around, but it's not a sure thing.

5 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Can anyone comment on how Schilling would affect our chances with Romeo?

He was the lead recruiter for Romeo at UCLA so he does have a relationship with him. I think Romeo's recruitment is wide open at the moment. Archie told him he is our main priority and that the ENTIRE coaching staff would be at all his AAU games this offseason. That according to the Indy Star article on Romeo this last week.

1 minute ago, bnkepner said:

He was the lead recruiter for Romeo at UCLA so he does have a relationship with him. I think Romeo's recruitment is wide open at the moment. Archie told him he is our main priority and that the ENTIRE coaching staff would be at all his AAU games this offseason. That according to the Indy Star article on Romeo this last week.

From what I have heard Romeo is either staying close to home. Or going to Duke. So we have got that going for us. Not to many options. 

Remember no news is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners