Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

7 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Then it must be extremely far away from the gray area if the literal coach's son can do it lol

It helps, of course, that Alford is making millions. And at many schools, kids of school employees or faculty usually get a break on tuition (maybe even half price). That's why I always thought it was wasteful that Pat Knight was on scholarship at IU. For one, he wasn't a Big Ten-caliber player. For two, his daddy made millions. For three, he would've received a break on tuition anyway. 

22 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Is it legal for a guy to give up his scholly if he has the financial means to pay his own way? Didn't a Louisville player do that a few years ago to make room? 

I think it's legal but keep in mind only Hartman and Gelon are Indiana kids and could maybe handle the cost as in-state students.  All of our other players are out-of-state and the financial burden would likely be much too high.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think it's legal but keep in mind only Hartman and Gelon are Indiana kids and could maybe handle the cost as in-state students.  All of our other players are out-of-state and the financial burden would likely be much too high.

Those 2 were the ones I had in mind. That said I have no idea if they come from situations that could comfortably handle it. Just an idea I was throwing out there. 

Can confirm.

Source: *Former* out-of-state IU student.

Is it legal for a guy to give up his scholly if he has the financial means to pay his own way? Didn't a Louisville player do that a few years ago to make room? 

Kyle Kuric (from Evansville) gave up his scholarship his senior year at Louisville and played as a walkon.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, swatford said:

Has no one mentioned mad mushrooms yet? Their cheesesticks were Devine

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I worked for the parent company of Mad Mushroom for awhile.....the Btown location went away when the landlord wanted to redevelop the property it sat on. They stil exist at Purdue and UK.

TB coming back is a big deal for us next year. He had an okay year but was really not ready to be playing on the perimeter. We should quite honestly dominate with Bryant at the 4 and Davis at the 5. How long has it been since we had a killer front court combo?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

TB coming back is a big deal for us next year. He had an okay year but was really not ready to be playing on the perimeter. We should quite honestly dominate with Bryant at the 4 and Davis at the 5. How long has it been since we had a killer front court combo?

Is this for sure

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

He will be back. I bet he does not even test the waters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bleedhoosier said:

He's gotta be able to guard as a 4 or we'll have to do something defensively so he isn't exposed. Davis also has to get better at not committing fouls or that could be a brutal combo lol

1 hour ago, bleedhoosier said:

Was suppose to be Killingsworth and White

I have a feeling Justin smith might not be back. With Collin coming back it could of changed his role on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Plus, if we go big Juwan will be playing the three. (And thriving). He showed a lot more athleticism than his freshman year. I think we're going to see a complete difference maker the next two years. Losing OG sucks but Juwan is as close to a complete package as anyone we have!

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app