Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

WARNING!  This post has nothing to do with pizza.
Anyone think there's a possibility that CAM and Durham discussed a redshirt year given our apparent backlog at the guard position?  I believe CAM is not averse to redshirting unlike his predecessor.  And yes, I know a redshirt still ties up a scholly.

Wouldn't a redshirt just clog up the class of 2018 recruits even more. Cause he would be a freshman technically correct? How many scholarships do we have for 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wouldn't a redshirt just clog up the class of 2018 recruits even more. Cause he would be a freshman technically correct? How many scholarships do we have for 2018?

Like 5-7 depending what happens after the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Anyone think there's a possibility that CAM and Durham discussed a redshirt year given our apparent backlog at the guard position?  I believe CAM is not averse to redshirting unlike his predecessor.  And yes, I know a redshirt still ties up a scholly.

Seems like an easy sell imo. If all our guards come back there probably isn't going to be any PT at all for him next year. There's no sense in him wasting a year of eligibility to ride the bench. 

I listened to a few interviews Al did and he said that CAM didn't promise him playing time but told him he'd get it if he earned it. And from some of the other comments about making an impact this year I don't think they talked redshirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys wouldn't know good pizza if a pepperoni reached up and slapped you in the face.  Barnaby's in South Bend.  Absolutely the best pizza.  And for the non-pizza people; great line of sandwiches as well.

Barnaby's is a Midwest chain is alright. I live around the corner from that one, and maybe it used to be better, but it's pretty mediocre now.

I'm so confused. I thought the Justin Smith meeting was Thursday?

Durham is one of three 2017 IU signess and the first one to re-commit to playing for IU. Miller met with Lincolnshire (IL) forward Justin Smith this afternoon, and the family plans to take some time to digest everything, and Miller is scheduled to meet with Hatboro-Horsham (PA) 6-foot-10 forward Clifton Moore on Sunday.
Part of rabjohns article about Al recommitting.
He already met with Smith

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Durham is one of three 2017 IU signess and the first one to re-commit to playing for IU. Miller met with Lincolnshire (IL) forward Justin Smith this afternoon, and the family plans to take some time to digest everything, and Miller is scheduled to meet with Hatboro-Horsham (PA) 6-foot-10 forward Clifton Moore on Sunday.

Well, what the h*ll is CAM doing today? He doesn't take a day off, so he must be visiting someone today.

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If CAM is going hard after all three (and by all indications, Smith and Durham are on board), he must have a strong indication three guys on the current roster with eligibility remaining won't return, right? I'm hoping he has more of a plan than Crean seemed to in the roster shuffling ... That May 24 deadline to stay in the draft or return to school makes things really, really sticky ... 

22 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If CAM is going hard after all three (and by all indications, Smith and Durham are on board), he must have a strong indication three guys on the current roster with eligibility remaining won't return, right? I'm hoping he has more of a plan than Crean seemed to in the roster shuffling ... That May 24 deadline to stay in the draft or return to school makes things really, really sticky ... 

Is it legal for a guy to give up his scholly if he has the financial means to pay his own way? Didn't a Louisville player do that a few years ago to make room? 

6 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Is it legal for a guy to give up his scholly if he has the financial means to pay his own way? Didn't a Louisville player do that a few years ago to make room? 

I believe so. In fact, if memory serves, when Crean oversigned with "The Movement," rumors were circulating that one of the scholarship players or one of the signees (Yogi, perhaps?) whose parents had the means to pay for college would give up his scholarship and essentially, become a walk-on. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was out there. (Of course, Patterson being denied entrance into school "solved" that problem).