Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

You can just tell the team is already working hard and hungry for success next season. If we somehow keep everyone but OG --that tells me something immediately about Archie ---the players believe in him too. This old Hoosier is getting the itch to go outside and shoot some hoops just like old times. Good to have all this excitement back again for IU basketball !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You can just tell the team is already working hard and hungry for success next season. If we somehow keep everyone but OG --that tells me something immediately about Archie ---the players believe in him too. This old Hoosier is getting the itch to go outside and shoot some hoops just like old times. Good to have all this excitement back again for IU basketball !

Sorry to ruin a positive post but no way only OG leaves. Sounds like Smith and definitely Durham still plan on coming here. That makes someone having to leave and if Moore decides to stay, then we lose one more.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry to ruin a positive post but no way only OG leaves. Sounds like Smith and definitely Durham still plan on coming here. That makes someone having to leave and if Moore decides to stay, then we lose one more.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Or, someone's offer could be pulked.

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Can't pull an offer from someone who signed a LOI

Down here in football country, they have this thing called the grey shirt. You go on scholly a semester out. With limited number of these, basketball should consider this an option.

Has Archie said when they're going to announce who all is staying, who's leaving, the coaching staff, etc.? I know he wants to do it all together but I don't remember if he has said when. For some reason Monday sticks out to me but idk if that was us just guessing or something official from the team. 

Has Archie said when they're going to announce who all is staying, who's leaving, the coaching staff, etc.? I know he wants to do it all together but I don't remember if he has said when. For some reason Monday sticks out to me but idk if that was us just guessing or something official from the team. 

Why do lids have to announce for the nba by?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

You have to assume og is gone. I dont believe he was at the big man workout.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He can't workout yet, or at least not in the same capacity as the team. He might've been off to the side at practice or doing rehab. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Arni's!!

Agree with above, announce the assistants and hit the ground running. Getting a big 2018 recruit to seriously consider IU this summer could be a nice domino for other recruits. We'll have plenty of scholarships to give out. If the main guys (Hartman, Newkirk, Blackmon Jr., Johnson, Priller, Bryant, McSwain) return this year we'll have 7 scholarships for 2018.

Would love to land Garland and Romeo. Then some a 4 star at the SF-C

Would give us 11 scholarships and balance. 

WARNING!  This post has nothing to do with pizza.
Anyone think there's a possibility that CAM and Durham discussed a redshirt year given our apparent backlog at the guard position?  I believe CAM is not averse to redshirting unlike his predecessor.  And yes, I know a redshirt still ties up a scholly.

Its possible too far out to tell, the kids still in georgia

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app