Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

What do we know about Kevin Easley who decommitted from VCU ? 6'6" small forward from Lawrence North....is IU in play here or coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We don't have enough spots for our current roster, let alone anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

The thing about Gelon is he still has a lot of basketball he could play at another school if he chose to go that route, unlike Priller.  It would be up to Grant to decide whether he wants to ride the bench at Indiana and hope to make an impact as an upperclassman, or transfer to another school like Ball State or Western Carolina, sit out a year, and play 20-25 minutes a game for a few years.

I wouldn't blame him for doing either.  As a fan, I can sure as heck understand both choices.

I think the absolute best case scenario for Gelon at this point is him realizing it's best to move on, finding a D-II school where he can have an immediate impact, play 3 more years, meet a nice girl and live happily ever after.

I could see IU and Butler being in play here. He committed to VCU because of coach Wade and when he left he had no reason to stay. I know Butler was after him but I'm not sure how much real interest Crean showed in him. 

Why do we keep wondering if so and so would fit here because they are transferring. As of right now we have no slots left to fill so it's moot.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Why do we keep wondering if so and so would fit here because they are transferring. As of right now we have no slots left to fill so it's moot.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Well... What Brass Cannon said. 

6 hours ago, ap2345 said:

For everyone that doesn't already know: 

Top 2018 Indiana kids according to 247 sports.

Romeo Langford - New Albany - 5 star

Robert Phinisee - McCutcheon - 3 star

Eric Hunter - Tindley - 4 star

Kevin Easley - Lawrence North - 4 star

Damezi Anderson - SB Riley - 4 star

Musa Jallow - Bloomington North 4 star

Franklin Agunanne - La Lumiere - 4 star

Surprised to see Phinisee is a 3 star

Does anyone else find it curious that neither OG nor TB have declared for draft analysis yet (even without an agent)? I know that the declaration deadline is not until April 23, but still...

If they don't do so by about next Monday, I am going to start to be very intrigued and guardedly optimistic.

11 hours ago, ChiHoosier5 said:

I am in no way a Gelon supporter. I don't think he should have ever been offered a scholarship at IU. However, keeping him isn't the worst thing. Like Archie said previously about using all 13 scholarships, someone isn't going to be happy. Maybe Grant knows and accepts his role and can develop into a role player as a Junior or Senior, maybe he can eventually turn into something similar to Hartman. Remember when many wanted him "Creaned" after his Fresh or Soph season, now we are rejoicing he's coming back. Let's give him time to develop and bulk up.

I think we are accustomed to wanting guys to come in as Freshman and start delivering right away. During the Crean tenure we had some many transfers that we had few players that we had for 4 years and were able to see develop over time and see them start contributing.  

When many were writing Hartman off I was pretty consistently saying if he had the opportunity I thought he could develop into a solid role player here.  I don't have the same feeling about Gelon.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Does anyone else find it curious that neither OG nor TB have declared for draft analysis yet (even without an agent)? I know that the declaration deadline is not until April 23, but still...

If they don't do so by about next Monday, I am going to start to be very intrigued and guardedly optimistic.

I think Bryant loves college to much to leave for the G-League.

OG on the other hand is interesting like you said.. maybe he's still searching for an agent. Waiting for the right agent to offer that "special" deal.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I think Bryant loves college to much to leave for the G-League.

OG on the other hand is interesting like you said.. maybe he's still searching for an agent. Waiting for the right agent to offer that "special" deal.

No no...it's not that they haven't "found the right agent" yet. It's that they haven't even declared for the draft without an agent so that they can be evaluated.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No no...it's not that they haven't "found the right agent" yet. It's that they haven't even declared for the draft without an agent so that they can be evaluated.

Didn't miller say he will announce them all together once they each decide? James and Collin were together.

Bryant / OG will be together I suppose.