Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Maybe it was just a bad night, but Avers is the only pizza I have ever stopped eating despite being hungry and wasted because it was so bad.

Speaking of intoxicated pizza, Rockit's across from Brothers is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thats not how it works, Gelon may not be that connected but it sets a tone

Just like ANY other school that has kids leave. It is part of it. Painter has lost kids, U of L has done it to Indiana kids, UK forced Teague to go pro to open up the PG spot, Butler has done it, ND has done it and just about every single school with local talent. ONE kid regardless won't make a difference. If it became a trend then yes, but one kid won't. It isn't gonna help us very much if any if he was to sit at the end of our bench for 4 years either.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Creans recruitment of Gelon.

Lol. We all should of known we were doomed.

Imo. It should be Gelons choice at this point. Not a bad guy to have at the end of the bench but he really should have been preferred walkon. Or just a regular walk on.

Crean went cuckoo bananas on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Creans recruitment of Gelon.

Lol. We all should of known we were doomed.

Imo. It should be Gelons choice at this point. Not a bad guy to have at the end of the bench but he really should have been preferred walkon. Or just a regular walk on.

Crean went cuckoo bananas on this one.

Probably should of been a sign when I went and watched him at the forum tipoff classic and he had a goose egg

May have to give Avers another chance. Occasionally got one on my from Btown to Indy for a class and it was just OK. Loved the diversity of pizza in town. Mother Bears, pizza express, cafe pizzeria and Garcia's Pizza were my favorites

I am in no way a Gelon supporter. I don't think he should have ever been offered a scholarship at IU. However, keeping him isn't the worst thing. Like Archie said previously about using all 13 scholarships, someone isn't going to be happy. Maybe Grant knows and accepts his role and can develop into a role player as a Junior or Senior, maybe he can eventually turn into something similar to Hartman. Remember when many wanted him "Creaned" after his Fresh or Soph season, now we are rejoicing he's coming back. Let's give him time to develop and bulk up.

I think we are accustomed to wanting guys to come in as Freshman and start delivering right away. During the Crean tenure we had some many transfers that we had few players that we had for 4 years and were able to see develop over time and see them start contributing.  

I am in no way a Gelon supporter. I don't think he should have ever been offered a scholarship at IU. However, keeping him isn't the worst thing. Like Archie said previously about using all 13 scholarships, someone isn't going to be happy. Maybe Grant knows and accepts his role and can develop into a role player as a Junior or Senior, maybe he can eventually turn into something similar to Hartman. Remember when many wanted him "Creaned" after his Fresh or Soph season, now we are rejoicing he's coming back. Let's give him time to develop and bulk up.
I think we are accustomed to wanting guys to come in as Freshman and start delivering right away. During the Crean tenure we had some many transfers that we had few players that we had for 4 years and were able to see develop over time and see them start contributing.  

To be fair we offered Hartman when he was a highly rated kid. He dropped in rankings because of injuries I believe. He was still ranked top 150. I was never wanting Hartman gone. Actually didn't like Devin Davis still coming after he dropped. Just didn't like the vibe his dad gave off

The thing about Gelon is he still has a lot of basketball he could play at another school if he chose to go that route, unlike Priller.  It would be up to Grant to decide whether he wants to ride the bench at Indiana and hope to make an impact as an upperclassman, or transfer to another school like Ball State or Western Carolina, sit out a year, and play 20-25 minutes a game for a few years.

I wouldn't blame him for doing either.  As a fan, I can sure as heck understand both choices.

1 hour ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

What do we know about Kevin Easley who decommitted from VCU ? 6'6" small forward from Lawrence North....is IU in play here or coincidence?

I could see IU and Butler being in play here. He committed to VCU because of coach Wade and when he left he had no reason to stay. I know Butler was after him but I'm not sure how much real interest Crean showed in him. 

Wow if that doesnt tell you how much this kid has blown up idk then. SMU, Nova, Wake Forest, USC, NC State, Pitt, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame among more. Seriously this kid is gonna be a star!! I just hope it happens in Candy Stripes and I am sorry, but if it means Gelon has to go then letting him go elsewhere for someone you have signed already makes the decision even easier. I don't know how a coach could hold that against Archie.