Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Honestly IDC how much this may make people question me, but I expect a big year from Freddie McSwain. How much he improved this year at the end and that video they posted he even has a floater he is working on. He has no hope of a consistent 3 game, but he could definitely fill a stronger, better defender type of Troy Williams role. Not that he is better or anything just saying the role Troy played in our offense. Archie's offense is designed for guys like him to over achieve and he is hungry. You can see it. I will be the first on the band wagon.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I can't see any way that Freddie plays the same kind of role as Troy did, they have completely different games. He's big and strong though so I think he could do some damage banging in the post for 15-20 minutes a night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I can't see any way that Freddie plays the same kind of role as Troy did, they have completely different games. He's big and strong though so I think he could do some damage banging in the post for 15-20 minutes a night.

If everyone besides OG comes back and we keep Justin Smith, I don't expect McSwain to play honestly. Only time I could see it is if both bigs are in foul trouble

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Gelon takes up 3 more years of a scholarship roster spot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I understand that. But Creaning is a part of our Culture I want to get away from as quickly as possible. And letting Priller go play somewhere else is a lot less harsh than Creaning Gelon. 

If everyone besides OG comes back and we keep Justin Smith, I don't expect McSwain to play honestly. Only time I could see it is if both bigs are in foul trouble

I think it depends on how his offseason goes. He didn't get to campus until the start of the fall semester last year so he missed out on the summer workouts. He has nice athleticism, now we wait and see if he can get some basketball ability to match it.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I understand that. But Creaning is a part of our Culture I want to get away from as quickly as possible. And letting Priller go play somewhere else is a lot less harsh than Creaning Gelon. 

Is Creaning Crean's players still a Creaning??  I think just this once we have some awkwardness in that regard, but CAM has said he'd rather leave a few schollys open for flexibility. It's something that may affect us next year but not going forward.

9 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

I honestly think OG is the only player that leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No question about it. James and Bryant are back this up-coming season. Archie is pitching a vision and the boys are buying.

EDIT: As for the others mentioning Priller getting Crean'd. It's his senior season, he may as well stay unless he's graduating this summer. Gelon needs to go play division II basketball where he belongs. A nice little NAIA school would be a good fit. 

Besides them showing games, ESPN is becoming irrelevant!

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

And now..... They're side tracking our beauty IU grad Sage.
I agree with you. ESPN-PC is an irrelevant joke.
Hope she finds a better gig. She's definitely worthy of something better.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

And now..... They're side tracking our beauty IU grad Sage.
I agree with you. ESPN-PC is an irrelevant joke.
Hope she finds a better gig. She's definitely worthy of something better.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. I like to watch sports to get away from politics but ESPN has been incredibly political recently. 

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not officially but if he decided to stay committed after he talks with CAM his spot on the team is guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems like a bit of a gray area.  If he's formally asked for his release that to me says he wants to explore other options so we simply thank him and honor his request.  Seems to me that with  the recruit initiating a request for a release, the recruit is no longer in control of the situation and IU holds all the aces.

Seems like a bit of a gray area.  If he's formally asked for his release that to me says he wants to explore other options so we simply thank him and honor his request.  Seems to me that with  the recruit initiating a request for a release, the recruit is no longer in control of the situation and IU holds all the aces.

If we end up not having a spot for him I won't feel too bad about it honestly. He wanted out of his NLI so if he decides later on that he still wants to come here but we don't have an open scholarship that's on him.

If we end up not having a spot for him I won't feel too bad about it honestly. He wanted out of his NLI so if he decides later on that he still wants to come here but we don't have an open scholarship that's on him.

Not really cause they didn't grant it. He still has first dibs.