Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I hope you're right, but Devils advocate would suggest he's putting in work for draft combine/try out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yep, I agree he'll enter his name for sure. But he's not going to like what he'll hear and he knows he has an exciting alternative to fall back on. Either way, glad to see he's putting in work. 

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I hope you're right, but Devils advocate would suggest he's putting in work for draft combine/try out.

And the NBA will tell him he needs to improve. I really don't think we'll lose him to the NBA. I'd say if he does leave it would be to transfer somewhere he feels he can show off his skills for the NBA.

Some may disagree, but I think this is a top 2 player on our team with Archie as coach. Absolutely HUGE that JMo is going to be here next year. He's going to be great for us the next 2 years!

Yeah. It is absolutely nuts that we have fans saying they could careless if he comes back. Dude is one of the best offensive players in the conference. 

And he showed flashes of being capable of defending. I think he has the ability to guard. If he ever decides to round that part of his game out, then he's a no brainer NBA 2 guard.

If I am JBJ I am totally gone if Crean had say if Crean could make him an NBA player he would have after 3 years. Better to transfer or go pro overseas. 

JBJs problems aren't ability. It's understanding of the game. That is something Crean could never do. Archie could. 

We shall see though. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Rojo's in Cook Hall right now. Maybe he's putting in work for his next destination, but the optimist in me says he's taking Archie's words to heart and is getting ready for a strong senior year. 

I think Archie is getting through to these guys. He speaks a language the players can understand, something Crean never seemed able to do.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Rojo's in Cook Hall right now. Maybe he's putting in work for his next destination, but the optimist in me says he's taking Archie's words to heart and is getting ready for a strong senior year at IU. 

Source?

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

I think Archie is getting through to these guys. He speaks a language the players can understand, something Crean never seemed able to do.

That's what it seems like to me too. He was a 5'9 PG in the ACC. He knows what it takes so when he talks the players know he's not blowing smoke. Crean can study analytics and break down film all day long but there are some things he just won't get because he wasn't a player. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Source?

His Instagram story. image.thumb.png.fda52e3b8216bd1a48a831044533bf25.png

Is it just me or did CAM say the wrong name (in the Dakich interview) when referencing Clifton Moore?

He said Al first, then Justin Smith, then something that didn't sound like Clifton Moore.

I think we likely get Al back, although idk, but I think Moore isn't coming.

CAM isn't going to push anyone out. We might only have 1 or 2 spots left.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Is it just me or did CAM say the wrong name (in the Dakich interview) when referencing Clifton Moore?

He said Al first, then Justin Smith, then something that didn't sound like Clifton Moore.

I think we likely get Al back, although idk, but I think Moore isn't coming.

CAM isn't going to push anyone out. We might only have 1 or 2 spots left.

Sounds like he said Collin Moore to me.

Archie has talked to each player and I'm positive has stressed the importance of everyone's return could be crucial in competing for a national championship.

If everyone returns besides OG/Collin, we're pre season top 10 and contending for a final four appearance right off the bat. 

22 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Archie has talked to each player and I'm positive has stressed the importance of everyone's return could be crucial in competing for a national championship.

If everyone returns besides OG/Collin, we're pre season top 10 and contending for a final four appearance right off the bat. 

Wow! That's bold! Not saying we don't eventually get there, but preseason with a new coach? Not sure how many would be willing to vote us preseason top 10.

Meh... we'll see how PG play and defense improve... won't be top 25 even without significant improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Meh... we'll see how PG play and defense improve... won't be top 25 even without significant improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Throughout the year, I agree.  I'm excited to see what Archie can do with Josh. Archie has actually playing experience at the PG position, I'm hopeful Archie can teach Josh/Green the ways.