Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Chris Holtmann (Butler University)

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1489689604.269388.jpg

Title: Head coach

Team: Butler

Conference: Big East

Record: 68–28 (.708)

Annual salary: Salary undisclosed; contracted through 2021–22

Biographical details

Born: November 11, 1971 (age 45)

Playing career

1990–1994 Taylor

Position(s) Guard

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

1998–1999 Geneva (asst.)

1999–2003 Taylor (asst.)

2003–2008 Gardner–Webb (asst.)

2008–2010 Ohio (asst.)

2010–2013 Gardner–Webb

2013–2014 Butler (asst.)

2014–present Butler

Head coaching record

Overall 111–82 (.575)

Tournaments (NCAA): 2–2 (.500)

(CIT): 0–1 (.000)

Accomplishments

Awards

Big South Coach of the Year (2013)

Big East Coach of the Year (2017)

We could do a lot worse than Holtmann, that's for sure. I'm not sure he would win at a high enough level to meet our expectations, but I think he would bring a style of basketball that a lot of us would enjoy watching. 

7 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Pretty sure under him Butler has had some damn good classes, or at least better than usual lol

His incoming class is much better than ours!

I would of thought more people would of commented on this back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No, everyone probably deleted all of their adamant posts that he was the right guy for the job.

Actually, you probably deleted them to fit your narrative.

I wonder how many comments were in the Archie thread. It really seemed like most of the comments occurred in another thread where we discussed multiple candidates. Donavon seemed to get a lot of the discussion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As I have said many times, We spoke to his agent and he wasn't interested in a job where basketball was the #1 sport. I believe the word he used was he didn't want to be in a pressure cooker. 

This is why I'm not totally buying Holtmann. He wanted nothing to do with this job because of the pressure, and he almost didn't take his current job. Obviously, that's all his prerogative.  So far though, he has had really good success during regular seasons, but in the post season (when the pressure is on) he hasn't had much success yet. It'll be interesting to see how this season progresses.

8 minutes ago, bigrod said:

This is why I'm not totally buying Holtmann. He wanted nothing to do with this job because of the pressure, and he almost didn't take his current job. Obviously, that's all his prerogative.  So far though, he has had really good success during regular seasons, but in the post season (when the pressure is on) he hasn't had much success yet. It'll be interesting to see how this season progresses.

Being successful in the postseason is a lot about being there every year to get hot and go on a run. Holtmann does that. He hasn’t Missed the tourney since he went to Butler 

I don’t think the pressure is about the games. The pressure to succeed at Indiana is far greater than almost anywhere in the country.