Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2017) PG Tremont Waters to LSU

i rarely chime in recruit threads.  for me anyway, missing on waters would cause anguish.  instant impact, excellent all-around floor generals like him lead conference title and final four runs ... with the major plus that he's already mature, highly intelligent, guaranteed not to create problems/distractions.  his game reminds me so much of chris paul, without the douchiness and recurring bag-tagging.  he tops my recuit wish list.  immerse yourself in the basketball capital of the world and become the next great hoosier guard, tremont!  buckner, thomas, alford, guyton, oladipo, yogi, waters.

44 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Just shows how fluid this stuff really is, but I wonder what in the world changed in just a week.

All of the insiders on IU boards were pointing to IU for Waters and to look for a decision in 1-2 weeks, now it's pretty much the opposite.  

Same thing happened when Wilkes suddenly shows up for an unofficial on Saturday and we're pretty much teased all day long that "a commitment is likely this weekend!" and more info of that nature.

Who knows, we still could get both, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get neither.

Very well said.  That's why I don't follow recruiting too closely.  You can drive yourself nuts over the whims of a teenager.  I really appreciate those that do for this site though because it's fun to get a current valuation on recruitment.  Just don't ever ever ever take it as gospel.

This recruitment is why you have to have a shotgun approach to recruiting.  Teenagers aren't getting less fickle, so you have to have a wide net on talented players.  I hope we get him, but if we don't, we'll get another big one.  There will be another fickle one near the deadline.  It's what they mean by "dominos".  If you're in the game, a big one will fall your way.

8 hours ago, Crean'sTheMan said:

We should feel really good about this one, right @hoosierpap?

Idk man, but felt weird about the Gtown visit. Good friend is pretty well connected to Gtown and has heard IU for months, through all the UK stuff. He told me Gtown has been selling PG recruits on a changed offense and assumes that has to be what Waters is buying if all this is true. Also, thinks that any talk of it being a visit for a free Wale concert was silly, Gtown just opened some new practice facilities that were talked about but not open prior to his OV.  That said, he doesn't know, and I don't know, because Tremont's family keeps it close. 

17 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Idk man, but felt weird about the Gtown visit. Good friend is pretty well connected to Gtown and has heard IU for months, through all the UK stuff. He told me Gtown has been selling PG recruits on a changed offense and assumes that has to be what Waters is buying if all this is true. Also, thinks that any talk of it being a visit for a free Wale concert was silly, Gtown just opened some new practice facilities that were talked about but not open prior to his OV.  That said, he doesn't know, and I don't know, because Tremont's family keeps it close. 

This makes me feel better at least. Man though as a PG not sure if buy into a coach saying he's going to change. Organizations rarely change 100% according to plan. For a guy with NBA aspirations better to go with the offense you KNOW is going to let you shine. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This makes me feel better at least. Man though as a PG not sure if buy into a coach saying he's going to change. Organizations rarely change 100% according to plan. For a guy with NBA aspirations better to go with the offense you KNOW is going to let you shine. 

Josh Newkirk says hello...

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I think it was proved to him on the visit

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Waters would start over him. 

No, I'm saying JN went to Pitt on a promise from Dixon that Pitt was switching to an uptempo offense. That's one of the main reasons JN opted to transfer after two years. 

4 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

One more switched their pick from iu to gtown late last night but we hold edge overall still. Not sure if some are just jumping on the bandwagon or what. Just strange to me there wasn't a complete overhaul in gtown picks if it was a certainty he was going there.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

They'll change before the announcement. A lot of time left