Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Who are we losing other than Yogi as a starter? TB is the most likely. However, I have a strong feel he will be back next year. He does have some work to do. JBJs injury guaranteed he'd be in college another year. Troy would be ill advised to go anywhere.

Sorry off topic a bit

I was going to say most likely Troy but yeah, I could be wrong with that. He has work to do but who knows. A lot of NBA teams love pure athleticism. Regardless, I believe with the incoming class, Indiana SHOULD have a really good team next year.

I was going to say most likely Troy but yeah, I could be wrong with that. He has work to do but who knows. A lot of NBA teams love pure athleticism. Regardless, I believe with the incoming class, Indiana SHOULD have a really good team next year.

We hear this every year though.  Players have changed but the results haven't

Maybe weak was a bad word. We won the Big Ten outright with 4 losses. Not exactly another dominant team to compete with.

if Michigan would of beat us on the last game of the year there would of been a 4 way tie for first that year. Not another dominate team? 8 of 12 teams made the tourney that year. Ohio st was a 2 seed, Michigan st was a 3 seed and Michigan was a 4 seed ( they were a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament but a 5 seed in their own conference tournament) in my opinion that shows how tough the big 10 was that year. Again I have no problem with you saying crean under achieved when he got to the NCAA tounament but to try and diminish the accomplishment of winning the stacked big10 that year is wrong

How is it 4 straight years of under performing? In 2012 they won the b1g title. If you're going to count tourney performance than I guess you have an argument. But to me, tourney is a lot based on match ups and if a team gets 1 bad draw than its over. I mean, how many years did it take Boeheim to win a title WITH cheating. The only down year was 2013-2014 season and that was with 2 lottery picks plus 2 senior starters. Any team that loses that much talent is going to struggle the next year. Just look at Wisconsin. I'm saying next year because we will finally get to see if Crean can keep providing sustained winning basketball through recruiting and coaching. He will most likely lose 2 starters from this team but have the recruits and current roster available to win again next year. That's why I'm saying if IU doesn't win next year than he should no longer be the coach.

Boeheim isn't a good comparison.  He at least shared his conference title 7 times, finished higher than 4th or better in his conference 20 times, and made Sweet 16 or better 8 times (only counting his time in the Big East, another 2 as an independent).  There was plenty to go on to say he may put it together eventually.

if Michigan would of beat us on the last game of the year there would of been a 4 way tie for first that year. Not another dominate team? 8 of 12 teams made the tourney that year. Ohio st was a 2 seed, Michigan st was a 3 seed and Michigan was a 4 seed ( they were a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament but a 5 seed in their own conference tournament) in my opinion that shows how tough the big 10 was that year. Again I have no problem with you saying crean under achieved when he got to the NCAA tounament but to try and diminish the accomplishment of winning the stacked big10 that year is wrong

Fine the Big Ten was great that year.  Dude has still finished in the bottom 5 more than the top 5.  And dead last more than in first. 

How is it 4 straight years of under performing? In 2012 they won the b1g title. If you're going to count tourney performance than I guess you have an argument. But to me, tourney is a lot based on match ups and if a team gets 1 bad draw than its over. I mean, how many years did it take Boeheim to win a title WITH cheating. The only down year was 2013-2014 season and that was with 2 lottery picks plus 2 senior starters. Any team that loses that much talent is going to struggle the next year. Just look at Wisconsin. I'm saying next year because we will finally get to see if Crean can keep providing sustained winning basketball through recruiting and coaching. He will most likely lose 2 starters from this team but have the recruits and current roster available to win again next year. That's why I'm saying if IU doesn't win next year than he should no longer be the coach.

This is how many years of Crean, and we're just now finding out if he can win consistently? Also, why do some want to make excuses for losing Hulls, Watford, Elston, Vic, and Cody. The only one going into that year that we should have been surprised by would have been Vic, and even then we were really starting to see the glimpses from Vic more and more as his sophomore year went on. Cody was a very highly rated recruited coming back for his sophomore year, when some thought of him as a late lottery pick as a freshman. Hulls, Watford, and Elston were all seniors, there was never a reason to expect them to be here longer than that year. The fact that we couldn't even make the NIT was an absolute embarrassment on a whole other level. He has had plenty of time to prove he can win consistently, and he hasn't done it

lol if Troy wants to go overseas he'll leave early. But yes, we should be very good next year. Point guard play will be the biggest question mark

Look, I understand the argument that Crean has had a lot of time at Indiana but a lot seem to forget that he took over a team in the cellar. He had 1 returning player and it was a walk on. Many assumed he needed 4 years to even start winning. He put out a competitive team in year 3. Also, the whole Marquette argument is irrelevant to me. What I care is what he has done at IU. He had had 1 bad recruiting class that set the team back in 2013. All coaches have bad recruiting classes. Hell, calipari who recruits nothing but 5 stars lost in the first round of the NIT one year. In the end, this whole argument is irrelevant since the season is far from over. All I know is that Indiana is 8-1 and in first place of the b1g this year. I don't care one bit if the schedule was easy. Indiana did what it needed to do for the first 9 games and hopefully will continue to do what it needs to do to bring home a b1g title and more.

Look, I understand the argument that Crean has had a lot of time at Indiana but a lot seem to forget that he took over a team in the cellar. He had 1 returning player and it was a walk on. Many assumed he needed 4 years to even start winning. He put out a competitive team in year 3. Also, the whole Marquette argument is irrelevant to me. What I care is what he has done at IU. He had had 1 bad recruiting class that set the team back in 2013. All coaches have bad recruiting classes. Hell, calipari who recruits nothing but 5 stars lost in the first round of the NIT one year. In the end, this whole argument is irrelevant since the season is far from over. All I know is that Indiana is 8-1 and in first place of the b1g this year. I don't care one bit if the schedule was easy. Indiana did what it needed to do for the first 9 games and hopefully will continue to do what it needs to do to bring home a b1g title and more.

competitive team in year 4 not year 3. In year 3 they finish last in the big 10 (3-15)and finished with 12-20 overall

I want Crean gone as much as anyone else, but trying to marginalize that Big Ten title by saying the league was weak that year when four different teams were ranked in the top 10 at some point (and that accounted for six of our games) isn't the right argument. 

Must be great to be mediocre at your job while getting paid 3+ million, and not be held accountable.

Where the hell can I sign up for a gig like that?

you could sign up in a couple places for a gig like that. West Virginia, Ohio st are a couple other places you could apply. If you wanted to take a 300,000 pay cut from the 3 mil you could apply to Georgetown or Villanova ( unless you think dominating in a weak conference and early exits from the tounament are not mediocre)

Must be great to be mediocre at your job while getting paid 3+ million, and not be held accountable.

Where the hell can I sign up for a gig like that?

I would look into IU website whenever there is an opening. All you would have to probably do is beat Crean's resume. So you will have to make atleast make a Final Four. Which shouldn't be hard. All the while graduating kids and getting them to the NBA. You will also have to prove you can bring in donations for departmental growth. I would say you can get that done in a couple of years. Mainly due to it taking Crean 15 years to get to that point.

I would look into IU website whenever there is an opening. All you would have to probably do is beat Crean's resume. So you will have to make atleast make a Final Four. Which shouldn't be hard. All the while graduating kids and getting them to the NBA. You will also have to prove you can bring in donations for departmental growth. I would say you can get that done in a couple of years. Mainly due to it taking Crean 15 years to get to that point.

If we were okay with Crean's resume we could've kept Mike Davis, they are eerily similar.

You can say he went to a Final Four, which is true, but he's done nothing but wallow in mediocrity for the overwhelming majority of 17 seasons as a head coach.  That Final Four was also 13 years ago and he's done nothing to make it seem like anything other than a fluke.