Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

"While im here" why say that if you have no interest in leaving OKC

Because most coaches realize that their hiring starts the countdown to when they are let go. Very few get lifetime jobs.

I think people are reading way too much into what he said, or did not say.

Tea leaves and hand writing on the wall point to Steve Alford. Interesting comments by him in the Star. Also, interesting to note that the Star reports his mention of Faith/God and the espn-pc report does not. Just sayin'......

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I heard from a kid a couple years ago that was being recruited by several power 5 schools including IU that the rumor was that in Stevens initial contract with the Celtics he had an opt out clause just for Indiana because it was his dream job at the time. Just curious if anyone else had ever heard this?

That is true but in the extension Brad got this offseason, it was removed all together.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, that's why we fired Crean. Do these people not understand that programs can rise and fall and things change? What idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. Glass spelled this out yesterday. We have every resource to be those teams. Just need the coach. It's all right there.

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Exactly. Glass spelled this out yesterday. We have every resource to be those teams. Just need the coach. It's all right there.

I don't get it.  I think most of the media just reacts this way to contradict reality and get more clicks.   Its plainly obvious IU needed a change and its not like he didn't have a chance.  He was here 9 years!!!!

All this talk from the national media about IU being past its prime are ignoring how bluebloods are created and sustained- fan support (check) + facilities (check) + history (check) + budget (check) + COACH (and here we are). They are forgetting the nature of the CBB world: John Calipari would not be winning 80% of his games if he were coaching at Minnesota. If coach K retired and then resurfaced at South Carolina, he would not be winning another ring. Where you coach can matter as much as who is coaching. IU with a great coach is a powerhouse. We know this, IU admin knows this, but nobody else does, or believes it because it has been 25 years since we were. It's almost as if the talking heads are saying- How dare you strive to be the best?!

There are few things in this world that infuriate me more than pUKe fans.  Egotistical inbred hilljacks.
I sincerely hope they lose every game in an apocalyptic beat down ofor biblical proportions.  I'm talking fire and brimstone raining down on their beloved corRUPPt Arena.  I'm talking making Sodom and Gammorah look like Borax Borax.  I'm talking making Chernobyl look like a bottle rocket.

You must be a fellow Hoosier from the southern reaches of our great state.UK and UL fans are like cockroaches down here.

Just now, Woodson1980 said:

You must be a fellow Hoosier from the southern reaches of our great state.UK and UL fans are like cockroaches down here.

Yep.  In my part of the state though there aren't many UL fans.  Mostly pUKe fans.  A couple PU fans sprinkled in just for pure randomness.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Yep.  In my part of the state though there aren't many UL fans.  Mostly pUKe fans.  A couple PU fans sprinkled in just for pure randomness.

Us southern Indiana guys are going to have the last laugh though. All these naysayers are going to hide when IU starts punching everybody in the mouth again.  I believe Glass already has his guy and that it's a matter of timing at this point.

2 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

Us southern Indiana guys are going to have the last laugh though. All these naysayers are going to hide when IU starts punching everybody in the mouth again.  I believe Glass already has his guy and that it's a matter of timing at this point.

You would be correct