Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

But like Kent Sterling said, if you like at the last 5 years yes 2 big ten championships, but the other 3 years 23-31. 23-31. That doesn't fly.

No argument from me. Just trying to figure out what other people are thinking.

I tired of being told I'm a delusional fan who doesn't appreciate Crean.

Just now, LostInLouisville said:

No argument from me. Just trying to figure out what other people are thinking.

I tired of being told I'm a delusional fan who doesn't appreciate Crean.

Oh absolutely. Im trying to be subjective myself but i just can't get there.

21 minutes ago, Redleader said:

Our loss was discussed on the Dan Patrick Show.  They ridiculed Glass for the decision to punt on the home game.  Also said that it would be surprising if we kept Crean.  Said maybe we were afraid that Crean would go on a run, as a possible reason for punting.  We also have an article on Deadspin about last night... great to be made fun of in multiple outlets.

This is an interesting perspective. Of course, that presumes that Glass has already decided to kick Crean to the curb - a presumption that I am not convinced is accurate... but many here have expressed exactly this sentiment - that Tommy could some how go on a run to save his job... but with that said, I still question the logic in giving up a home game. It's really the only place this team has played any decent basketball, save the opening OT win over Kansas on a neutral court.

I think I will be a Virginia fan next year if Tan Man is still around.  Good coach, good defense, and they value the ball.  Also a fan of Kyle Guy.  All watching IU does is puts me in a bad mood.

Don't think I can root for another team. But I will cancel my BTN subscription, won't attend games, won't buy new IU gear, and won't wear old iu gear in public.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Seth Davis goes out on a limb saying 51% chance Crean is gone and 49% he stays. Hahaha wtf is that. Either way he gets it right. Why even answer?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Because thats probably what the true percentages in Fred Glass's head are.

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This is an interesting perspective. Of course, that presumes that Glass has already decided to kick Crean to the curb - a presumption that I am not convinced is accurate... but many here have expressed exactly this sentiment - that Tommy could some how go on a run to save his job... but with that said, I still question the logic in giving up a home game. It's really the only place this team has played any decent basketball, save the opening OT win over Kansas on a neutral court.

GT had some huge wins at home this year and weren't good on the road.  We are a terrible road team.  Glass knew what he was doing.  Crean is gone.

Edited by Sknits nad

5 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Don't think I can root for another team. But I will cancel my BTN subscription, won't attend games, won't buy new IU gear, and won't wear old iu gear in public.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I could never be a "fan" of another school, but I well spend my time elsewhere that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, Treesh said:

If he's not fired within the next three days (Wed-Fri) he's staying. 

It would be smart to fire him today so the NCAA tourney takes over tomorrow and everyone forgets about it. Fire him on Thursday or Friday, it will be the hottest topic then. Let us get our one day of pure bliss before Fred has to start looking through resumes. 

Also, doesn't the NCAA frown upon universities making big announcements during the tournament as it draws attention away from the tournament itself? 

This season was so "bad", that Wikipedia needed alteration:

Tom Crean (Michael Jackson song)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Tom Crean"

Single by Michael Jackson
from the album 2016-17 Indiana Hoosiers
B-side "I Can't Help It"
Released September 7, 1987
Format CD single, 7" single, 12" single
Recorded January 1987
Genre
Length 4:07 (Album version)
8:22 (Dance extended mix)
Label Epic
Writer(s) Michael Jackson
Producer(s) Quincy Jones
Michael Jackson (co-producer)
Michael Jackson singles chronology
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
(1987)
"Tom Crean"
(1987)
"The Way You Make Me Feel"
(1987)
Music video
"Tom Crean" on YouTube

"Tom Crean" is a song by an American artist Michael Jackson. "Tom Crean" was released by Epic Records on September 7, 1987, as the second single from Jackson's third major-label and seventh studio album of the same name. The song was written and composed by Jackson and co-produced by Quincy Jones and Jackson. Jackson stated that the song was influenced by a real-life story he had read about.

"Tom Crean" was received with horror by Indiana Basketball fans, though some critics noted that "Tom Crean" helped Jackson's image become edgier during the Tom Crean-era. The song peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and remained at the top position of the chart for two weeks, becoming the album's second number one single, and Jackson's eighth number one entry on the chart. Internationally, the song was also commercially successful, charting within the top in eleven countries as well as charting within the top five in the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Norwegian, Switzerland and Swedish charts. The song also peaked at number one on the Netherlands and European charts.

The full version of the music video for "Tom Crean", released in August 1987, and broadcast as a CBS prime time special, was directed entirely by Martin Scorsese[1] and co-starred Wesley Snipes in one of his first appearances prior to being discovered as an actor. The video portrays Michael Jackson and various backup dancers shown performing complex choreography in a subway station. "Tom Crean" has been covered and parodied by many different artists since its release and has become a song used frequently in tributes to Jackson after his death in June 2009.

The song is featured in the 2010 animated film Megamind. It is also featured in the first theatrical trailer for the 2016 animated film The Angry Birds Movie and in the teaser trailer for the 2017 animated film Despicable Me 3.

I don't know where you're from, but the JV team in my hometown doesn't play like that. our 7th graders do at times however!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Our Junior High girls team at Lanesville were super fundamental,played relentless in your face defense and players were held accountable and didnt play if not.They won the county and only lost a couple games.They were coached by a friend of mines daughter who was a star on the New Albany girls championship team.She gets it,Crean doesnt.I stated before she could outcoach him and it wasnt a stretch.I really believe his problem recruiting this state is because coaches like her are everywhere and they know a **** show when they see it.

Just now, Woodson1980 said:

Our Junior High girls team at Lanesville were super fundamental,played relentless in your face defense and players were held accountable and didnt play if not.They won the county and only lost a couple games.They were coached by a friend of mines daughter who was a star on the New Albany girls championship team.She gets it,Crean doesnt.I stated before she could outcoach him and it wasnt a stretch.I really believe his problem recruiting this state is because coaches like her are everywhere and they know a **** show when they see it.

Your from Lanesville, I live in Ramsey.