Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

This guy is a complete . All he does is make excuses for why his team isn't good. He NEVER takes accountability and I am really damn tired of it. It's mostly Crean but Glass has to take blame as well. Glass started all of this crap with that ridiculous extension, S16 rings and cutting down the nets after a LOSS with an outright B1G championship on the line. Fred has allowed Crean to do whatever he damn well pleases. It's an absolute outrage and if Glass can't see that and does the unforgivable, he needs to be fired at the same damn time with Crean. With all that said, I still think Crean is gone but I wanna see a presser to validate it

The Board of Trustees have more on their plate than just the athletic department and that's why FG has the job.  But I cannot imagine that there is a single trustee who is happy with the product we put on the court this year.  Publicly they may couch their comments, but behind closed doors I have to believe they are just as upset as we are and there is pressure being brought to bear.  This debacle that has become Indiana basketball has to end.

This is scary... Crean comes out dissing Georgia Tech for letting his friend, Brian Gregory, go prior to Pastner's hire... this guy just keeps making me more and more disgusted every time he opens his mouth.
[/url] He also blamed the injuries...

Dukes top 3 freshman were hurt at the beginning of the year.... Look where they're at

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

Next year projects to be about the same as this year. There is no way you extend him this year or next. If Crean isn't gone we're just digging a deeper hole and getting further from what we expect to be.

Everything that could possibly be said has been said by other posters but I one thing that has been saddening to me is if you go to espn.com right now IU is nowhere to be found. It's march. There's no way that IU should not be on the front page of that website during march. I keep going to that website expecting to see IU news and nothing. Sad. 

What we witnessed last night looked like J.V. basketball.  Horrible passes, dribbling off of feet, etc.

I'm stepping out of the box on this one. Every coach on that bench needs to go.

Do we not have basic basketball skills?  I don't care that you can shoot and dunk, dribble and pass the ball!!!

I feel that these are the mistakes that every coach on the bench has to own.  That's great that they are in top physical condition but for cripe sakes!!!

36 minutes ago, Justin Kotter said:

The sad thing is, I believe that this may have been IU's most talented team under Crean.  Imagine what they could have accomplished with a coach.

More talented than the team with 2 lottery picks? No. 

40 minutes ago, Justin Kotter said:

The sad thing is, I believe that this may have been IU's most talented team under Crean.  Imagine what they could have accomplished with a coach.

I can't fathom Crean coming back, but if he does, if I'm the AD part of a return is a complete sweep of his staff. You absolutely can not come back with the status quo. I hate to scapegoat the assistants, but you just can't bring this full staff back in tact, you have to at least give the optics that change has been attempted. 

Again, maybe not entirely fair, but some change has to occur.