Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Why do you guys think them turning down a home game means he is gone? If anything I think it means the opposite. They will announce he is returning the day of the game. We will be on the road so it shields him from the home crowd backlash. Be it boos or a crowd the size of what you would find at a Cannelton High School home game. 

3 minutes ago, jgries84 said:

Does anyone think that the deferred home game really points to Crean retaining his job? Gotta think if he was staying then we keep the home game and move forward, with a grossly unhappy fan base. Just thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I do. Why give it up if he was leaving? 

I think that giving up a home game absolutely suggests more that he is gone.
If he were staying, he would have over 20 more home games and this would just be one of em.
To me? This is a way of letting him coach out the season and leave with gentility.

This was my thought too. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This whole situation reminds me of an episode of Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory.  Like IU administration is playing mind control games.  Trying to make us believe they really wanna win but ultimately want to destroy us.

We withdraw from creans fav thing NYC tourney and now we don't play home games. Idk somethings up tho

Something is up alright--ridiculousness ! Here's to hoping we withdrew from the NYC tourney to make room for our new Coach Donavan renewing the U.K. Rivalry! I could go for that story line even on a neutral floor in Indy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If he were staying, he would have over 20 more home games and this would just be one of em.
To me? This is a way of letting him coach out the season and leave with gentility.

Well in that case that would suggest they plan on losing to GT, because if they win it comes back to Bloomington for the second round

1 minute ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Something is up alright--ridiculousness ! Here's to hoping we withdrew from the NYC tourney to make room for our new Coach Donavan renewing the U.K. Rivalry! I could go for that story line even on a neutral floor in Indy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

First off, it's been too long since I've seen you! Secondly, if we get Donovan I wouldn't even oppose a 3 year contract @ Rupp!! You've been very quiet about what you think is going to happen, what are you realistic expectations as far as CTC staying or leaving (with replacement)?

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I can see it both ways. If Fred gives him his "vote of confidence" tomorrow or Tuesday, then it might make sense to shield him from any negative backlash of the announcement. On the other hand, if he is indeed gone, then not having to have him coach anymore at home would also shield him from anymore booing for his last games as Hoosier coach. It's hard telling IMO.

3 hours ago, ap2345 said:

How does a Tuesday loss in the NIT sound for everyone???

I'm going so I wouldn't mind seeing them win...and I still want crean to go