Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Even though I knew we weren't going to make the tournament, it still stings pretty bad. Indiana, with all of the resources available, should rarely ever miss the field of 68. I can't support this team any longer, with Crean as the coach. You can call me a fair weather fan all you want but I watched every single game that man has coached at Indiana, through the good and the bad. I've bought merchandise, tickets, B1G network packages, additional packages when games weren't on the B1G network, etc. Glass' decision here is going to decide whether I support the program going forward. Up to this point in time, all we've been given in return is lip service. The program is not entitled to my money, viewership, and overall support. Indiana basketball is currently one of the least equitable investments I'm making, in both dollars and time/energy spent. I hope Glass shows me (and many others) that he truly means what he's said in the past about returning Indiana basketball to it's elite, blueblood status. I don't believe I'm asking for much. All I require to continue my support is a change. Any change. Anything other than bringing Crean back, will cause me to continue my support.

Sums up mine, and I'm sure many others, thoughts perfectly. Good post

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Even though I knew we weren't going to make the tournament, it still stings pretty bad. Indiana, with all of the resources available, should rarely ever miss the field of 68. I can't support this team any longer, with Crean as the coach. You can call me a fair weather fan all you want but I watched every single game that man has coached at Indiana, through the good and the bad. I've bought merchandise, tickets, B1G network packages, additional packages when games weren't on the B1G network, etc. Glass' decision here is going to decide whether I support the program going forward. Up to this point in time, all we've been given in return is lip service. The program is not entitled to my money, viewership, and overall support. Indiana basketball is currently one of the least equitable investments I'm making, in both dollars and time/energy spent. I hope Glass shows me (and many others) that he truly means what he's said in the past about returning Indiana basketball to it's elite, blueblood status. I don't believe I'm asking for much. All I require to continue my support is a change. Any change. Anything other than bringing Crean back, will cause me to continue my support.

Great post. My thoughts exactly.

Glass does have a number to reach him at. Say what you want but someone listens to those messages. I have made a few calls. Glass is probably very annoyed by all this. Which makes it only worse for Crean.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Wait, you have called Fred Glass directly

19 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I don't really think I can add to this because it's so perfect but I'm gonna try. Crean is the type of guy to get you back on the right track and make it a good situation for the next guy. Crean can't coach an elite basketball school year in and year out. His teams have way too much turnover in personnel, too many turnovers as a team, no fundamentals and Crean just has low standards. You can't have low standards at an elite basketball school that expects to be as much every single year

Don't care if Alford or Donovan but one of these need to happen SOON. Not huge Alford fan as coach but name recognition will keep major IU recruits IN the state. Plus would love to see him beat that coach up north AGAIN...could be knight vs keady part 2!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This isn't a popular stance here, especially on this board... But I've been watching the Hoosiers for 30 years and will continue to watch and cheer on this team regardless of the coach.

Do I want a new coach? Absolutely. Can I do anything to make that happen? Face it, unless you're a big time booster, none of us have any control.

Accept the team and coaching staff we're given and cheer them on or allow yourself to be miserable. Completely your choice.

But I'm cheering for success.... In the NIT and next season.

This

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Just now, recker222000 said:

Except Sampson will probably outcoach crean and win.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Didn't say I was gonna stay and watch the game. Just boo our old friend Kelvin, maybe grab a hot dog, head over to Nicks and watch there. 

Well, for anyone who shares this opinion, that's fine but in my opinion, you might rethink tuning back in if/when we're competing for titles.

As a fan, you suffer through the tough times to celebrate the good times. Even if you don't support the current AD or coach, you root for the Hoosiers ...

And if you're not able to, then keep the TV off when we're at the top again (with or without a new coach)

Exactly. This doesn't mean we are "settling" for mediocrity. We want to be elite again also and will continue to speak out. To me it means we support what is on the front of the jersey. We will welcome the wagon jumpers back on when it does come back.

I'm a huge Stl. Cardinal fan. The 70s and 90s were down decades, but I listened or watched every game. I was rewarded with the success of the 80s and 2000s.

4 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Exactly. This doesn't mean we are "settling" for mediocrity. We want to be elite again also and will continue to speak out. To me it means we support what is on the front of the jersey. We will welcome the wagon jumpers back on when it does come back.
I'm a huge Stl. Cardinal fan. The 70s and 90s were down decades, but I intended or watched every game. I was rewarded with the success of the 80s and 2000s.

You can't compare professional and college sports like this. When you stink there is always hope at the pro level because you at least obtain high draft picks and there are always quality coaches at that level.