Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I don't think there should be any doubt that winning a NCAA title would (and should) guarantee him at least 2 or 3 more seasons.  Thankfully, it's quite unlikely and would be the greatest "fluke" champion in quite a long time (if not ever).

Exactly. A more realistic proposal would be a run at a BTT. I would amazed that after beating Northwestern and Iowa we thought a Title was even worth bringing up. Cuse was close last year to our situation but two HUGE differences. They have a HOF coach and a defense that can win them any game. With that said and the way Wisky has played lately I think we win today. That would make Crean want to leave more IMO. Leaves after a mini run with some good to where some fans would be sad he left compared to none now. Well maybe some. Just feels like a very Crean thing to do.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Id LOVE to make the tourney. Even as a 12 seed or anything.

But if that means Crean returns it clouds everything.

I'm going to be a dreamer and root for wins, and then hope for a new start.

Crean inspires ZERO confidence per game/per season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

http://madcitysportszone.com/2017/03/10/former-badgers-discuss-big-ten-tournament-bruesewitz-says-hate-tom-crean/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Seems like we may have some guys jumping on the bandwagon lol.

Also if Crean won a title this year and you want him gone still then wow. Cal has 1 title at UK in almost the same span of time. A title is a title. It will NEVER happen this year tho so need to start some internet fights guys lol.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

There are a handful of people on the Inside The Hall site who think that Crean will be back next year. They think Glass will use the injury card for this season and that last night's win sealed the deal to Crean returning. I am not one of those people..

4 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

I wouldn't call that stupid because I feel the same way! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well it is stupid. Rooting for the coach to be fired after winning a national championship maaaaaaay have a tendency to cause potential coaches to think twice before considering the IU job.

And to "know there's no way he'd do it again" is going out on a limb just a bit.

There are a handful of people on the Inside The Hall site who think that Crean will be back next year. They think Glass will use the injury card for this season and that last night's win sealed the deal to Crean returning. I am not one of those people..

I think there is a STRONG chance for this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Count me as officially done at that point. The program will fade into obscurity never to recover. Thanks fred.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

Tom Crean is a great human. I've talked to him a number of times, I've even had the chance to teach his daughter at a certain point. The Crean's are a great family, it's a shame it's come down to this but we need to do what's best for everyone's interest. 

For a guy who stalks airplanes and has the signature line "Big Booger Face", that was a remarkably insightful and gracious post!

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I remember seeing that IU had the easiest Big Ten schedule last year. I also remember seeing that (something like) 9 of the last 10 Big Ten regular season champions had the easiest conference schedule. If you discredit ours, you have to discredit everybody's.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

This, but there's a reason for it:

For the last IU B1G championship year, IU was the only team not to have played a team that went 15-3 in conference: They didn't play IU.

20 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Imagine using the injury card. Imagine using the injury card when we're "starting to click". There is no excuse. None at all. 

Now that Quinn Buckner is on the board, I think Fred's seat in terms of our next hire/decision could cost Fred his job. 

We gave up over 90 against a bad Ohio State team trending in the wrong direction. Iowa isn't good away from home. Gonna go out on a limb and say these last two games are nothing but fools gold. We still are horrible with turnovers, and suck defensively. Neither one of these last two games are any sign of Crean making any kind of adjustments. Dude hasn't grown in 9 years as a coach here, and he certainly hasn't shown anything these last two games. 

He was improved as a coach last year. Whatever brand of soda he switched to before the Notre Dame game, he needs to go back to it. I have no idea what happened to those improvements.

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

We gave up over 90 against a bad Ohio State team trending in the wrong direction. Iowa isn't good away from home. Gonna go out on a limb and say these last two games are nothing but fools gold. We still are horrible with turnovers, and suck defensively. Neither one of these last two games are any sign of Crean making any kind of adjustments. Dude hasn't grown in 9 years as a coach here, and he certainly hasn't shown anything these last two games. 

Exactly. Wins vs Ohio State and Iowa are pointless.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

He was improved as a coach last year. Whatever brand of soda he switched to before the Notre Dame game, he needs to go back to it. I have no idea what happened to those improvements.

Remember he started calling time-outs at decent times? 

Remember his subs weren't so questioning? 

Those were the days.

Remember he started calling time-outs at decent times? 

Remember his subs weren't so questioning? 

Those were the days.

Shaking hands and kissing babies after the game, all smiles, jovial press conferences, hugs for the players... He was a completely different coach last year.