Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

13 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

His ass still needs to be gone, but I want our boys to keep playing like they did tonight, all the way through Sunday!

That's the thing though man. If they play trough Sunday, they'll be in the NCAA tournament. And Glass may be inclined to buy into Crean's crap and keep his ***

Just now, mark1981 said:

Where has this level of play been the last two months? This why Crean is going to be shown the door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

He won't be shown the door if the team keeps winning.  For him to be gone the team has to lose, period.  Glass has to be given no other choice, because he will look for any and every reason to keep Crean.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

There is a reason Indiana hasnt announced like LSU, Missouri, and NCState.

That's because Glass hadn't made up his mind.

If Crean leaves, it'll be on his own.

These last few wins will fire up Glass enough to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I want it for the kids, but I just know Glass is looking for some way out of this situation. Hopefully the people with money don't waiver.

It's not even about us being doom and gloom guys, I could honestly just see it happening. Glass isn't going to fire Crean if he manages to win the BTT, or if he gets into the tournament and wins a game or two. We'll get a little pat on the back and Glass and Crean will be grinning from ear to ear. Next year we'll go right back to playing unwatchable basketball and being the joke of the Big Ten all season long. 

That's why I've never put stock in a few internet posters saying he has already been told it's a done deal. I think Fred would drool to keep him if he won the btt

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the coffee I'm drinking but regardless of how I feel about Tom Crean I can't help he feel all warm about the Hoosiers. That'll never fade. I can't root against them. 

This all day long. I absolutely do not understand not cheering for a team I've been a fan of for 44 yrs. Regardless of who is coaching (except Calipari)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's why I've never put stock in a few internet posters saying he has already been told it's a done deal. I think Fred would drool to keep him if he won the btt

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If that were the case he would have got an extension last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't even see rooting for losses as rooting against IU. I want to lose because it's what's best for the program as a whole. The worst thing would be to win just enough to keep Crean around and stay incredibly mediocre. That would be rooting against IU, imo, and I think it's what the other teams in the conference are rooting for. 

I understand this argument, but I can't NOT cheering for IU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk