Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

6 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Screenshot_2017-03-08-23-50-23.thumb.png.b21486a05a1065bc92c0c81cd41fac2a.png

Crean needs to win the interview?  Come on, Tommy, we're all rooting for you, you can do it!   Just don't clap your hands...or have your assistants raise any signs about how to play defense...oh, and watch your Diet Coke intake...you need to sell Mizzou on the play faster mentality, and please no odd facial expressions.

Crean needs to win the interview?  Come on, Tommy, we're all rooting for you, you can do it!   Just don't clap your hands...or have your assistants raise any signs about how to play defense...oh, and watch your Diet Coke intake...you need to sell Mizzou on the play faster mentality, and please no odd facial expressions.

And no "good luck" kisses on the mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am still wondering how this guy would have any kind of scoop on IU in the first place. You never know the connections someone has, but seems odd.

Maybe it's more of a Missouri thing. Maybe he knows someone there. At this point who knows. More smoke I guess.

7 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Based on this statement in the Columbia Tribune, TC won't be going to Mizzou.....
"It will depend on candidates and how far they go in the NCAA Tournament,” Sterk said.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just means that Crean will be available sooner....much sooner.

This is a very deceiving post. That quote was in the context of asking what the timetable for announcing a hire was. In no way is that quote meant to mean that they are only going to hire a coach who goes far in the tournament. 

From the actual article:

"A timetable remains open-ended.

“It will depend on candidates and how far they go in the” NCAA “Tournament,” Sterk said. “This is a busy time, so I can’t predict when it would happen, but I’d rather have it sooner than later.”"

I am guessing he was trying to be funny. I don't think he could read that and come to the conclusions he did.