Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

3 hours ago, IUHAHN82 said:

Yesterday I'm in my office really getting deep into some btownbanners on my phone.  My maintenance guy walks in to discuss his progress on some jobs.  I don't even make eye contact with him as my eyes are glued to the screen.  He says, "you don't even give a **** do you?"  Rather than reply, I hit the refresh button and he showed himself out.  

I really hope you are just kidding.

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol. 2 wins might be enough.

What a joke.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's why I hate conference tournaments man. These tournaments award mediocrity. The regular season conference champion should be the automatic bid. That team would've obviously proved they belong because they were the best team in the conference. Take last night for example. The Horizon League Tournament Championship had 11-23 Wisconsin-Milwaukee. That would've been an absolute travesty had they won. Conference tournaments need to burn

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah.  I'd go just to put a cap on this season.  It's still hard for me to make sense of this season.  I was so convinced we would be a monster team this year.  How long until we have a mix like this of NBA talent, size, and shooting?  What the heck even happened?

Yogi left. JBJ came back. Crean stayed. Simple.

It doesn't make any sense why people think Glass is attached to Crean. If he wanted to keep Crean around, he would have extended him after what was a very exciting season that had most of the fanbase thinking Crean had finally turned a corner. He didn't. What's that say about Glass?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I never thought he turned a corner. There were 16 seasons of evidence to the contrary. He had yogi and other smart players make him look good with a very weak big ten schedule.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

As if we didnt already have enough to talk about, Jay Bilas just said he thinks the next IU coach will be Greg Marshall

Where did he say this?

It's why I hate conference tournaments man. These tournaments award mediocrity. The regular season conference champion should be the automatic bid. That team would've obviously proved they belong because they were the best team in the conference. Take last night for example. The Horizon League Tournament Championship had 11-23 Wisconsin-Milwaukee. That would've been an absolute travesty had they won. Conference tournaments need to burn

I really enjoy watching and attending when it's close the conference tournaments, they are good games, but I do agree with what you're saying. Regular season winner should get the auto bid from every conference. But I would hate to see conference tourneys go away, I don't know the significant of them if they no longer are auto bids.

Why is everyone on this board so down on Marshall? Is it the incident in Canada? IMO, that's completely justified. 

But outside of that, his coaching record is impeccable. It's right up there, if not better, than most of the candidates we're discussing. All the guy does is win. Sure, there are questions about how his recruiting would translate to a higher level, but the same thing can be said about Archie Miller. 

Agreed, I couldn't care less about him losing his mind in Canada. I've been waiting for 8 or maybe 7 years for it with Crean. Crean losing his mind at the wisky game and tearing that locker door off its hinges was my top 3 Crean moments (UK buzzer beater gangster face, Tim Miles fisticuffs). It's not that big of a deal to me.

Few coaches left that get all antsy in their pantsy when they get the syrup in 'em.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Why is everyone on this board so down on Marshall? Is it the incident in Canada? IMO, that's completely justified. 

But outside of that, his coaching record is impeccable. It's right up there, if not better, than most of the candidates we're discussing. All the guy does is win. Sure, there are questions about how his recruiting would translate to a higher level, but the same thing can be said about Archie Miller. 

I've been against it... but I'm jumping on the Marshall bandwagon. I'm in. I'll take him over Archie, Bennett, Holtman, etc.

1 hour ago, Hoosiers96 said:

"Indiana athletic director Fred Glass should take the long view, not just react to a single season."

That's the very reason IU fans, and maybe even Glass, are done with Crean! Why is that so hard to understand? These national writers need to realize that this year's failure is just one piece of the entire spectrum.

Tom Crean is about to miss the tournament for the 2nd time in four years. Tom Crean is an awful in-game adjuster. Tom Crean's teams, except for a couple seasons, have been terrible on defense. Tom Crean's teams turn the ball over at a disgusting rate. Tom Crean has never made it PAST the sweet 16 as IU's head coach. Tom Crean OVERRECRUITS. Tom Crean schedules cupcakes. Tom Crean has lost the trust of Indiana high school coaches. The list goes on.

National writers, you are so out of touch it's not even funny.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I've been against it... but I'm jumping on the Marshall bandwagon. I'm in. I'll take him over Archie, Bennett, Holtman, etc.

Yeah, on my list I have Marshall right there in tier 2 with Bennett and S. Miller. Obviously Stevens and Donovan are tier 1, but Marshall is right there with those other guys. I might have him 3rd in terms of Bennett, S. Miller and Marshall, but he's right there with them IMO. 

I just want change. Obviously my list hasn't wavered. Billy, Bennett, Archie and White. Sean Miller ain't coming so I don't include him unless it became an option. If we hired Alford or Marshall, which neither I would love but I will get behind it. If we truly are fans we got to be supportive whoever the next coach is and at least give him 2 years. If he has failed after that then we can start thinking he isn't a good fit. We can't keep changing coaches so I will hope whoever gets the job gets it done and shuts any of us including myself up when he does good. If he doesn't this thread starts again and we replace the name. There are plenty of IU fans so if anyone wants to be done I think the program will live and I don't blame ya if you do. I just have faith in this program and will stand behind it 100%. Whether I love the next hire or not.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app