Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

11 minutes ago, aakreutz said:

Outgoing flight update for tomorrow:  The flight from Charlottesville, VA is a 2.5-hour layover, and then heading to Charlotte, NC.  Bloomington, Indiana is definitely an intentional stop.  I have no theories though other than someone representing Bennett.  Why back to Charlotte though?

Didn't someone say Virginia is playing in NYC tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Rumors (Correct me if I'm screwing up timeline/details):  

Lyonel Anderson got some tail, and the girl he was sleeping with told her chiropractor that Crean was out. "Insiders" have said Billy D was in and talks with agents were on going. PLANES WENT OUT OF AIRPORTS AND BACK AGAIN. One went to St. Louis, possibly Crean negotiating with Mizzou. Treesh went to the airport to find out, but couldn't see anything.  Suddenly, the insiders switched up their story.  Billy D is a no go, as he is stated to be "wishy washy". The board melted down, as another insider said on twitter that he's hearing talks that he's hearing more rumors from out west.  The residents of Btownbanners.com were speculating that the insider was referring to Sean Miller, but ALAS, the insider was referring to one Steven Gertrude* Alford.  The Btownbanners.com community, has a mini meltdown at the thought of this idea, because Steve Alford is decidedly, #NOTGOOD.  Will Billy D rumors resume if he is in fact "wishy washy"? Will Stevy G.* Alford, connive his way into the highest position in the state of Indiana? Will the residents of Btownbanners.com be able to handle the suspense of the upcoming days? Find out next week on the next episode of DRAGONBALL Z!!!!!

*may or not be his middle name

Thank you for your service sir. You went above and beyond. I have been following along the last couple nights for the possible Crean St. Louis flight and the Donovan hope. Hadn't heard the Alford stuff/Donovan no go yet. 

Conjecture Warning:

Scenario: Bennett's agent has been in Charlottesville in recent days discussing what they're looking to get out of IU. Bennett leaves for New York today for ACC tournament prep. The agent charters NetJets to fly from Charlottesville tomorrow to meet with Glass and the committee. He then heads back to Charlotte where he is possibly based out of or has other business to take care of.

Edit: I'd like this theory more if the return flight was to New York.

55 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Calipari was at Memphis before UK. He was fired by the Nets 20 games into his last season, making him available when Memphis was hiring. 

Pitino did go straight from the NBA to UK. I couldn't find any details on that one. 

Thanks.  So it would be rare or even unprecedented to hire a coach away from an NBA team in a normal (March/April) time frame I'd guess.

It just seems weird that an agreement with Donovan could not be made because he was "wishy-washy". I realize this is all conjecture for most of us. I believe the trusted sources are feeding accurate details but obviously all the details are not clear. Give the man what he wants so he can sign! If not him then Bennett or Archie. Alford lateral move at best...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you for your service sir. You went above and beyond. I have been following along the last couple nights for the possible Crean St. Louis flight and the Donovan hope. Hadn't heard the Alford stuff/Donovan no go yet. 

Man this is like an episode of the twilight zone.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It just seems weird that an agreement with Donovan could not be made because he was "wishy-washy". I realize this is all conjecture for most of us. I believe the trusted sources are feeding accurate details but obviously all the details are not clear. Give the man what he wants so he can sign! If not him then Bennett or Archie. Alford lateral move at best...

What if he does not know what he wants. What if he says I want to wait until July to see what Westbrook is going to do before I say yes.

The Orlando magic once introduced him at a press conference then he backed out after.

That being said, I still believe. I think we played hardball today and he will come
Back.

Would it be possible to find out the names of any of our targets' agents? Or even Crean's? Let's spice it up even more...

I've been looking. Haven't found a thing. Bennett did play in Charlotte in the NBA though.........

12 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Thanks.  So it would be rare or even unprecedented to hire a coach away from an NBA team in a normal (March/April) time frame I'd guess.

That's fairly accurate. As Watshot mentioned, Calipari was already fired when he went to Memphis. Pitino resigned from the Celtics midseason then took the U of L job at the end of the NCAA season. When Pitino left the Knicks, it was early summer when the s*** hit the fan and Sutton got ran out of town. He had a good team at NY, but probably realized he wasn't beating Jordan in his prime and said eff it.

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

What if he does not know what he wants. What if he says I want to wait until July to see what Westbrook is going to do before I say yes.

The Orlando magic once introduced him at a press conference then he backed out after.

That being said, I still believe. I think we played hardball today and he will come
Back.

Don't stop believin'. Hold on to that feeling

3 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

That's fairly accurate. As Watshot mentioned, Calipari was already fired when he went to Memphis. Pitino resigned from the Celtics midseason then took the U of L job at the end of the NCAA season. When Pitino left the Knicks, it was early summer when the s*** hit the fan and Sutton got ran out of town. He had a good team at NY, but probably realized he wasn't beating Jordan in his prime and said eff it.

Good info.  It's like the old saying goes: Timing is everything.

Back.

I'm not criticizing him. I have been part of contract negotiations before about career-altering decisions, personally. Decisions are tough. It's just leaves speculation and sours the day. Just want him to be coach.

44 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Just sayin', if I was looking for a coaching and meeting with a the agent of a big hire (i.e. Donovan) even if I got it done I'd intentionally say it fell through.  It's a reach and I don't actually believe that.

Now, I'm going to sharpen my pitchfork for when Glass is stupid enough to hire Alford.

That's the spirit!

I'm not criticizing him. I have. Even part of contract negotiations before about career-altering decisions, personally. Decisions are tough. It's just leaves speculation and sours the day. Just want him to be coach.

Cool - I just see some posts say "pay him whatever" and a lot of times there are other factors that are potentially out of your control.