Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Zach osterman talking about Crean. Fort Wayne radio.

Says he's not sure Crean moves on but says fanbase is most apathetic it's been in a while.

Doesn't think a decision had been made yet. Fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm afraid we may all be setting ourselves up for a big disappointment. In other words, that Crean stays.

It all just seems too much like a couple years ago when a lot of people convinced themselves he was gone.

Also Fort Wayne radio guy says Crean is coaching for his job tonight.

I don't buy that but Glass might.

That would be incredibly short-sighted for someone who gets paid as much as he does and gets input from as many important people as he does.

Fort Wayne radio guy compares last 5 years of Crean to Matta, Beilien, Painter and says he compares favorably or equally. Says he thinks IU fans are being shortsighted from frustrated season.

Mention Donovan as rumored coach and then says, what if IU replaced Crean with Fife?

I don't think I'm being short sighted AT ALL but many like to use the 5 year stats to support Crean.

I'm sick of this. Crean's gotta go and we gotta hire a top notch coach.

20 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

That's what I was getting ready to say. Anytime Virginia is on my bracket I never take them far in the tournament. Defense keeps you in a game but offense will win it.

Yeah games tighten up in the tournament. You have to be able to score points in that type of game

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fort Wayne radio guy compares last 5 years of Crean to Matta, Beilien, Painter and says he compares favorably or equally. Says he thinks IU fans are being shortsighted from frustrated season.

Mention Donovan as rumored coach and then says, what if IU replaced Crean with Fife?

I don't think I'm being short sighted AT ALL but many like to use the 5 year stats to support Crean.

I'm just trying to figure out how he's comparing Beilein and Matta to Crean and thinking Crean comes out equally to them. In the past five years both have made it past the sweet 16 twice, and in Matta's case once you look further back than 5 years he completely blows Crean out of the water. 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I do NOT want to be "comparable" to PU, OS or Mich....We should ALWAYS expect to be the ELITE program in the BIG10, no exceptions. Please.....comparable to Purdue????? Is that the state of IU now??......yikes

14 minutes ago, thebarber said:

I do NOT want to be "comparable" to PU, OS or Mich....We should ALWAYS expect to be the ELITE program in the BIG10, no exceptions. Please.....comparable to Purdue????? Is that the state of IU now??......yikes

O$U had a 7 year run from 2005-2006 to 2011-2012 where they won 5 Big Ten regular season titles, 3 BTT titles, an NIT title and went to 2 Final Fours.. They've fallen off since then, but I would be giddy if we put together a 7 year span like that. 

Yeah games tighten up in the tournament. You have to be able to score points in that type of game

I think you have it backwards. Offense will keep you in a game (as evidence by our Hoosiers) defense will lose you a game (also evidenced by our Hoosiers).

It's nice to be sable to drop 90 points every night but if you give up 91 who cares. You have to be able to make the big stops in a right game to win. Bennett may not have a flashy offense but as others have noted, they are efficient. I think he would do fine the the B1G where his style is better suited.

The following picture may be irrelevant, but over the last 10 years, 5 winners have scored under your 70 number and 5 above it and all have been fairly close games with the exception of a few, suggesting The team that was able to make defensive stops when it mattered pulled it out.
ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1488320784.537072.jpg

I think the decision has already been made and what happens from here on out doesn't matter at all. Glass isn't dumb enough to let one of these remaining games make the decision because he knows he would likely be putting his own job on the line by bringing him back.

That's what I was getting ready to say. Anytime Virginia is on my bracket I never take them far in the tournament. Defense keeps you in a game but offense will win it.

So the 3 years Bennett had a team with a chance to win it you don't put them far or Virginia in general. Under Bennett they have only been to 4 tournaments.