Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Tom Crean is that car with all kinds of issues that you are trying to pawn off on anyone just to get it off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So that means that Crean will end up at a festival and kids will pay 3 bucks to hit him 5 times with a hammer?

25 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Right there with you. I'd honestly say Archie is my 1B.

I just don't understand the desire for Archie, but I have a feeling that he will be the next coach at Indiana.  Help me understand what it is that gets people excited about this guy.  What style do his teams play?  What type of approach does he take (is he a players coach, a disciplinarian, etc)? What coaches is he connected with? Does he come from a certain coaching tree?  I have watched his team play a handful of times and he always drove me crazy on the sidelines, but I am willing to learn why he'd be a good fit at IU.

3 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Same here. Why all the love for Archie? Good coach. Has a brother who's a good coach. How many times has he won an outright conf title?  Donovan I get  2 rings says enough.  Marshall 11 first place finishes and 1 FF.   Explain the Archie love?

He will win his conference this year it looks like. He tied last year and came in second the year before. 

Not that I'm a fan. 

Nick McDevitt is a name that someone smart will hire. Coaching at UNC Ashville. Has lost a kid to Marquette, LSU, Arizona & U of L after starting there. Developing kids that go to a small school is hard but having 4 guys in 3 years is a good development mark. Just saw he got coach of the year in their conference too. Idk if IU should necessarily hire him but a call for future reference could be a good idea. Most definitely getting a power 5 job this year less Ashville ponies up some money.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Checked the topics on the old rivals premium site (not currently a subscriber) and was kind of surprised to see several topics about Steve Alford. Have I missed something here or at 247 that has cited Alford as a realistic candidate?

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://backdoorslider.com/2015/03/17/a-couple-quick-thoughts-on-the-iu-coaching-rumor-mill/

It took some digging but this seems to be a very good article about IU and Crean. Talks about his speech the other night sounding more like a farewell, Crean getting permission to talk to other teams and wait for it..............Billy D being our next coach.

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

https://backdoorslider.com/2015/03/17/a-couple-quick-thoughts-on-the-iu-coaching-rumor-mill/

It took some digging but this seems to be a very good article about IU and Crean. Talks about his speech the other night sounding more like a farewell, Crean getting permission to talk to other teams and wait for it..............Billy D being our next coach.

That was from 2 years ago. Sounds like it would still apply so I guess it doesn't really matter lol. 

Groundhogs Day, featuring Tom Crean.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That was from 2 years ago. Sounds like it would still apply so I guess it doesn't really matter lol. 

Good call lol honestly saw an article on twitter by them and clicked on next article and this popped up. Crazy it sounds just like now lol.

I just don't understand the desire for Archie, but I have a feeling that he will be the next coach at Indiana.  Help me understand what it is that gets people excited about this guy.  What style do his teams play?  What type of approach does he take (is he a players coach, a disciplinarian, etc)? What coaches is he connected with? Does he come from a certain coaching tree?  I have watched his team play a handful of times and he always drove me crazy on the sidelines, but I am willing to learn why he'd be a good fit at IU.

Solid X's and O's guy, had players get in trouble and kicked them off the team which left him no one taller than 6'6 and he still keeps winning, young(he's not even 40), he played 4 years of D1 basketball, he's been an assistant at Arizona and Ohio State, and he's never had a losing season.

It's based on what he's done this far and what I think his potential shows he will be. If Donovan says no and we choose someone else I think we will regret it when he ends up at Ohio State in a couple years and we have to contend with him.

Solids X's and O's guy, had players get in trouble and kicked them off the team which left him no one taller than 6'6 and he still keeps winning, young(he's not even 40), he played 4 years of D1 basketball, he's been an assistant at Arizona and Ohio State, and he's never had a losing season.

It's based on what he's done this far and what I think his potential shows he will be. If Donovan says no and we choose someone else I think we will regret it when he ends up at Ohio State in a couple years and we have to contend with him.

This whole thing about "no one taller than 6'6"" blah blah blah is the worst legend or reason to be famous I've ever heard. The guy recruited a lopsided, team that were trouble makers and he is put on a pedestal for this over and over? If that is a reason to bring him to IU that is insane

This whole thing about "no one taller than 6'6"" blah blah blah is the worst legend or reason to be famous I've ever heard. The guy recruited a lopsided, team that were trouble makers and he is put on a pedestal for this over and over? If that is a reason to bring him to IU that is insane

Even if those guys were 8 foot he still made the elite 8 lol it is just nice to note. His recruiting wasnt lopsided he had guys but he kicked them off. Not all coaches do that at that time of the year. Heck Kansas besides Frank Mason all have warrants yet they just won the big 12. It is awesome to see a coach not care about potential downfall or be so confident that he could win without. No losing record the last 3 years 1st or 2nd and an additional year which they finished 5th he made the elite eight. He is one of the few coaches at his age who have made their name big already. He could be here for 20 years. That adds to the appeal.