Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Back on topic. I swear to god if the Billy Donovan talk died down because we were to cheap to pay him then I am going to just burn all my IU apparel and refuse to replace it till Glass gets canned. 

Not sure the reason, but Hickory Hoosier says Donovan is a definite no go.  Bummer.

Not sure the reason, but Hickory Hoosier says Donovan is a definite no go.  Bummer.

Well if that is the case and we are still parting ways at least we must have a strong plan B. Would hate to target him and spend the next month chasing only to have him say no thanks.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nice!

I like "I'd like Gottfried over Crean if we are going to hire a retread"

And

"Great, guy that's struggling at Indiana despite all its blue blood advantages".

Sums it up right there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

O708 said he thinks Crean may have failed to garner interest for a soft landing job. Maybe ADs are onto him. 

29 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Hell, Bo Ryan coined the phrase Tommy Naismith bc Creans ego is so big he thinks he invented basketball. He is stubborn and not willing to be challenged by his own staff. So he hires mediocre yes men as assistants. Indiana prep coaches have closed the recruiting pipeline. Not only is it in the best interest of Indiana for Crean to leave, its also in Tom Creans best interest to leave mutually. If he stays he will be fired in a year. 

Man, Fire Marshal Bo made a funny. I'm gonna steal that one.

Nice!

And

"Great, guy that's struggling at Indiana despite all its blue blood advantages".

Sums it up right there.

They also compared IU basketball to Nebraska football....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They also compared IU basketball to Nebraska football....

Saw that but I think our ceiling is far greater in BB than theirs in FB. I get it though. Big part of why we need to set higher standards finally.

Well, Mom passed on a few years back so..............

Anyway, what I meant was Calvert and Bailey are two brands of liquor...........thus the pun.

Sorry man, just having a chuckle at a classic mom joke. No malice intended. I actually don't drink so that pun is 1k feet above me. I'll go be 2" tall now :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nice!

And

Sums it up right there.

They are so torn on that board about the idea of hiring Crean.  Even some of them think Mizzou can do better than Crean, and would take Holtmann or Mack or Marshall over him.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

O708 said he thinks Crean may have failed to garner interest for a soft landing job. Maybe ADs are onto him. 

That's the thing...  We're portrayed as an unreasonable and ungrateful fan base for wanting to part ways with Crean.  But, if he were even half as good as the pundits made him out to be, then he'd be a super hot commodity right now.  Imagine if, for example, Tom Izzo was rumored to be on the market. Fans all over the country would be clamoring for him.  Yet, here we have NC State that hasn't been relevant since Jimmy V was there and Missouri, whose been inconsistently good, but never great, and the majority of their fan bases would be pretty disappointed if they ended up with TC.     

3 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

That's the thing...  We're portrayed as an unreasonable and ungrateful fan base for wanting to part ways with Crean.  But, if he were even half as good as the pundits made him out to be, then he'd be a super hot commodity right now.  Imagine if, for example, Tom Izzo was rumored to be on the market. Fans all over the country would be clamoring for him.  Yet, here we have NC State that hasn't been relevant since Jimmy V was there and Missouri, whose been inconsistently good, but never great, and the majority of their fan bases would be pretty disappointed if they ended up with TC.     

Middle of the pack coaches are middle of the pack wherever they go. Look at Davis. 

I will say for those still holding out hope for Billy Donovan though as bleak as it sounds, remember the last couple of coaching searches neither Sampson nor Crean's names were leaked ahead of time, maybe...just maybe...they are killing the Donovan rumor to keep it on the down low.

Exactly! Glass isn't an idiot. Mizzou or ncst don't want Crean, yet he is the future of iu basketball?

31 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Only because 0708 hasn't spoken to his sources for a few days.

Who knows for sure.  Something could've changed, or they could just be hearing different things from different people.

I would love a Donovan hire, but I fully expect to be let down.