Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I just really don't understand hoping for wins while also hoping for Crean to get fired. Like we have to lose, and lose a lot, for him to be gone. Otherwise Crean stays and we're stuck in mediocrity forever and that's the worst place to be imo. 

We have lost a lot over 9 years for Crean to be fired. We're here for Indiana basketball so it's about the wins. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Well I guess this win is okay since it will be Crean's last one in Assembly hall. Plus, Collin got engaged so that's cool.

Need to win Tuesday and next weekend at OSU. Lose first game in DC and we should be set

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm ok winning Tuesday I guess but I want to lose at OSU just to be safe

Well I guess this win is okay since it will be Crean's last one in Assembly hall. Plus, Collin got engaged so that's cool.

Need to win Tuesday and next weekend at OSU. Lose first game in DC and we should be set

We lose both. OSU is playing good and well we just wont beat Purdue. Probably play Rutgers in first round beat them then lose to Purdue again. That is my expectation at least.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Donavon to IU. Hartman comes back and he and Freddie get drafted in the second round!! Yeah, too much Dewars here! Lol

At least Freddie is getting better as the season goes along. It's always good to see a player getting better, even if it's a little bit

Can't tell if this is sarcastic

2 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

We went to the beach tonight for sunset and then to dinner. I said IU plays at 8pm. She gets frustrated and says"why do you even watch them. All they do is lose". Lol. Not an Indiana girl. Dominican!

Dominican! Nothing wrong with that or the Dewars. My hat's off to you!

Twitter has brought me here to the promise land. I havent ever even been on here till now just see the post topics on twitter. I come from our rivals message board. IU is not getting close with Donovan and probably doesn't....this year. Insider info he has no plans on jumping ship right now in the middle of a season let alone abandon a team before playoffs. He is talking about coming after next year after he knows the direction the Thunder plan on taking. The Dane Fife rumor is true for the Donovan reasons. They plan on offering him a one year deal to hold the spot for then Donovan to take over. That or keep Crean is being talked about. Crean leaving for another job talk has been because of this. He knows he is a stopgap if anything and is openly interacting with a few programs. Georgia is the school he is really interested in not Missouri or NC State. He hates our fans enough but at least we have a reason to believe we are good. NC State is the same thing just not the good part. Fife is questioning whether he would do it because he has no chance of staying but IU would make him the associate head coach and pay him handsomely once Donovan got here. Donovan is not a sure thing and if he decides to say no completely than IU will make Archie Miller and Tony Bennett offers. They are also considering Sean Miller and he is listening through back channels due to his midwest ties. He may have went to Pittsburgh, but he loves this area. It is said we actually want Archie more. Alford as much as know one wants to hear may be contacted and two names to keep an eye on are Mike White and Tim Jankovich. Glass loves both, but a firm is taking the search over. If the search's main guys don't come Glass goes after his guys. I know this is quite a bit and none will believe a word I say and I don't really care. I see the post on twitter and I feel bad that you guys are left not knowing a thing about our beloved program. I won't name my sources, but it might as well be Glass himself considering the closeness of the person. I will end it with this and it may not be good news obviously it isn't but Crean can save this job, but no extension is given regardless so breathe if he does come back, but I will also say Crean is most likely gone and it won't be by being fired unless Crean can find the job he wants. It would take a win in the tourney to even make the adminstration think about keeping him. Not happening. Have a good night Hoosier Nation and your welcome.

On twitter Rabjohns and others have said that Crean was booed pregame when his name was announced. Glad to see the fans doing their part.

Before I leave seeing this has made me want to elaborate more. The crowd made a bigger impact tonight as a negative than the win did for Crean as a positive.