Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I don't know what it says about the process if McRobbie is involved. He is president of IU and 99% of that I would guess has nothing to do with IUBB, so it kind of worries me to have him involved to be honest. Why would boosters and donors need his involvement? I don't know the answer; I'm legitimately asking. 

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Because Glass is very weak in regards to Crean.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Because this matter involves $$$$$ coming into the University.  If large donors are threatening to close their pockets, those at the HIGHEST levels need to take action to ensure that that does not happen.... The University cannot operate without $$$$ from boosters...

Could be a lot of things. I could see it being mainly because he doesnt want any leaks. He is probably making sure everyone understands that. Thats my guess but could also mean one of two things...he is tired of them reaching out because he wants to keep Crean or the complete opposite and doesnt like the direction it is going in.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw on twitter Collin Hartman was playing Saturday against Northwestern for senior day. Don't know if this means anything in regards to Crean potentially leaving for a "soft landing" job like NC State or Mizzou but it's interesting to note.

2 minutes ago, Zach Farmer said:

Saw on twitter Collin Hartman was playing Saturday against Northwestern for senior day. Don't know if this means anything in regards to Crean potentially leaving for a "soft landing" job like NC State or Mizzou but it's interesting to note.

For Collin's sake, that makes no sense.  He's going to blow an entire year of eligibility so he can play in 4 games in an already lost season???

2 minutes ago, Zach Farmer said:

Unfortunately, I think it means Colin will not be playing for IU next year.  I saw on a different site there was speculation that he has already accepted a job in Indy.  As far as what it means for Crean, I have no idea, but I certainly hope it means he's found a soft landing spot.

1 minute ago, Hoosier in NC said:

Unfortunately, I think it means Colin will not be playing for IU next year.  I saw on a different site there was speculation that he has already accepted a job in Indy.  As far as what it means for Crean, I have no idea, but I certainly hope it means he's found a soft landing spot.

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into this.  I heard weeks ago that Hartman had no intention of playing next year.  Even before all the speculation about Crean leaving took legs.

Just now, Hoosier in NC said:

Never knew he potentially already accepted job, thanks for info. I just feel like something is going on that we don't know about but I may be wrong.

He's not playing. He's giving his senior day speech. Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

42 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Because Glass is very weak in regards to Crean.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe, but as others have pointed out, contract needs to be extended or will crater recruiting completely. A contract extension, even a year, after this season would cause an uproar. I can't imagine a change not being made. The question is, will it be the right change?

1 hour ago, Adillac said:

I don't know what it says about the process if McRobbie is involved. He is president of IU and 99% of that I would guess has nothing to do with IUBB, so it kind of worries me to have him involved to be honest. Why would boosters and donors need his involvement? I don't know the answer; I'm legitimately asking. 

Michigan got a new president who knew nothing about sports, and still got Harbaugh. Just saying. 

I wonder how President McRobbie feels about Crean. The multiple off-the-court issues from the players a couple years ago made the university look pretty bad. I doubt McRobbie has forgotten about them. Add in donations drying up and I don't think he would hesitate to step in and make sure Crean leaves.