Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

milehiiu says he's hearing that money from boosters, both big and small, is drying up at an alarming rate until a change is made.

If true, that is something that simply cannot and will not be ignored by Mr. Glass.... "It's happening!!!!!".....

Just now, Bowhunter said:

My thoughts the other day were Crean survives this season. Now I say no way in hell!

At least we can count on not winning the B1G tourney. That could probably save his job, but we know for a fact we won't win it. It's Indiana they say!

I'm still a little worried Glass will keep him. 

I think part of his problem is his feel for the game. He trusts analytics too much and that is coming from someone that is a data analysts. Numbers in either direction always tell a part of the story. He trusts those numbers and tendencies too much. I will agree with that. I have been at numerous games over the years of all sports where a coach would go through notes. Not the whole game, but periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've noticed this as well. I'm all about a coach preparing his backside off and if that includes an entire encyclopedia set on the sideline than so be it. However, I would prefer a coach to be able feel and understand how to counter when something happens. He seems so caught up in his notes or plan he forgets that things are changing around him.

First and foremost give me a coach that sees the momentum change and uses a timeout. It was awesome he waited to use his timeout after Minny went on a 13-3 run to end the half. (Sarcasm font)

I defy any poster on this board to give one piece of discernable evidence that implies that Tom Crean will be the IUBB coach next year. Vote of confidence? Recruit that is still hearing from him? Reporter that as of today is hearing CTC is staying? Vote of confidence from anyone officially associated with IU?

Anyone? Anything?

I defy any poster on this board to give one piece of discernable evidence that implies that Tom Crean will be the IUBB coach next year. Vote of confidence? Recruit that is still hearing from him? Reporter that as of today is hearing CTC is staying? Vote of confidence from anyone officially associated with IU?

Anyone? Anything?

I hadn't even thought of recruiting. Haven't seen a "Crean was in to see...." in a good 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seriously, have you ever seen a college coach with a 2-3 inch pile of papers they shuffle through every single game?  Substitution timings?  Is it menu's of restaurants in the area?  

I thought it was funny but i think you offended some of the former crean supporters lol. They over analyze things lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Anyone? Anything?

Image result for crickets pictures cartoonImage result for crickets pictures cartoonImage result for crickets pictures cartoon

Ok? I am confused honestly by what you are trying to say? Are you trying to imply for 40 minutes he looks at his notes? Or periodically? If periodically I agree he looks at them.

Stop being such a Crean supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought it was funny but i think you offended some of the former crean supporters lol. They over analyze things lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Lmao anyone that initially supported him over the last 5 years over analyzes things? Lmfao, oh shit I think I woke up the office on that one.

Edit: The funniest thing is this in response to a question about Crean looking at a piece of paper with what was originally said. Oh man I am actually crying from laughing. That was awesome!