Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I haven't heard a word that JBJ was close to graduating, but Marion is the type of town that runs off their stars. I have heard people saying Sr wants him to go to MSU. Most feel Sr wants him to leave B Town. If we lose tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see JBJ sit out the rest of the way.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

That will not happen barring injury due to him still wanting to go to the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Sadly, if he went to UK, I think he would have been in the NBA already.  Doesn't mean he would have lasted but he would have been drafted 1st round already in my opinion.

Not sure I agree; JBj came to IU with damaged knees, and regular practice and game time has only exasperated that problem. Likely would have had the same continuing issues had he went to UK.

1 minute ago, Rookie33 said:

I actually think he would have transferred out of Kentucky like Wiltjer did had he gone there.  JBJ can shoot and that's about it; I think his PT would have been more limited at Kentucky than it has been here, and I don't think he (or Senior) would have been satisfied with that.  

I can see that but I think Cal would have used him properly and he would have showed enough to be a one and done or 2 and done.  With the number of players UK is sending to the NBA, and the whole 2 squad thing he did, the limited playing time would help hide any deficiencies a player has vs playing 35 minutes a game.  His prior reputation/rankings would have held up where they are virtually non existent now because he has been exposed and the proof is on tape.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure I agree; JBj came to IU with damaged knees, and regular practice and game time has only exasperated that problem. Likely would have had the same continuing issues had he went to UK.

I am not sure the practices at UK would have been as high tempo as they supposedly are here along with the lesser workload (mpg) could have actually worked in his favor.  Keep in mind, I firmly believe that our strength training program kills pure shooters their Freshman year until they adjust to their new bodies so take that away and he shoots like he is this year as a Freshman at UK, with less exposure to poor defense and its possible.  I'm not talking high 1st round but in the 20-30 range possibly.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.  No way of knowing at this point.  I really like JBJ as a player, just wish he would have been used properly while he was here.

30 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I am not sure the practices at UK would have been as high tempo as they supposedly are here along with the lesser workload (mpg) could have actually worked in his favor.  Keep in mind, I firmly believe that our strength training program kills pure shooters their Freshman year until they adjust to their new bodies so take that away and he shoots like he is this year as a Freshman at UK, with less exposure to poor defense and its possible.  I'm not talking high 1st round but in the 20-30 range possibly.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.  No way of knowing at this point.  I really like JBJ as a player, just wish he would have been used properly while he was here.

I would have liked to see JBJ in the motion offense.  You would probably be amazed and what you would see.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hated Vonleh at the time those rumors were circulating but now I completely understand. 

I honestly didn't hate Vonleh at the time because that team was dead either way. And we knew why he was sitting out. Draft stock to an extent but he absolutely hated Crean

3 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

The committee takes many things into consideration. The fact that we were sliding in February had a lot to do with it. No one in the country had the wins we had.

All games count.  While iu was were home after losing in their conference tournament  Louisville and Kansas racked up 2 more quality wins then iu could.  Don't lay an egg in the conference tournament and iu gets the 1 overall seed.  After looking at my projections for that year in my bracket I had them as the 2nd overall seed behind Louisville but ahead of Kansas.    Still the point is people acting like iu was the clear cut favorite that year and no team was close to them is alternative facts.  Louisville was just as deserving to be called the favorites 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I honestly didn't hate Vonleh at the time because that team was dead either way. And we knew why he was sitting out. Draft stock to an extent but he absolutely hated Crean

I'm talking more about the rumors of him talking negatively to recruits about IU/Crean, telling them not to come here, etc. 

That will not happen barring injury due to him still wanting to go to the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why? He has plenty of tape for them to dissect. Scouts would rather see him healthy during combine/workouts than if he continues playing and has to have surgery again. I get where your coming from but it wouldn't shut the door for him.

I actually think he would have transferred out of Kentucky like Wiltjer did had he gone there.  JBJ can shoot and that's about it; I think his PT would have been more limited at Kentucky than it has been here, and I don't think he (or Senior) would have been satisfied with that.  

Spot on. I know for a fact JBJ and Sr both agreed on IU so he could do more. If he didn't choose IU and after Booker committed I think he would have considered UM, MSU and KU more. Booker kinda made it easy for us.

I like rojo and thought when he was a freshman how big of star he would be for us at iu but now cant see him doing anything but turning the ball over in every creative way imaginable. He could be great at alot of places if he learned to value the ball. Thanks crean

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

I like rojo and thought when he was a freshman how big of star he would be for us at iu but now cant see him doing anything but turning the ball over in every creative way imaginable. He could be great at alot of places if he learned to value the ball. Thanks crean

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

He's not a PG -- so a lot of that is on you know who...

Anyone see the Tweet from @_TyRogers ? Little off topic but pretty interesting that there is such a large social media following.

The 5 most followed college team Twitter accounts

1. @DukeMBB

2. @IndianaMBB

3. @UMichFootball

4. @AlabamaFTBL

5. @ClemsonFB

Virginia as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I forgot all about UVA!! As mentioned RoJo is not a pg. So anywhere else he either had the position taught to him better or wouldn't have to do it. He is the one kid I think could be good in almost any system. Him at UVA would probably give him a chance at the NBA. He has a lot of good skills that translate, but hasn't put it all together yet. Another coach probably has him reaching his full potential. I do expect him to have a HUGE year next year for us though. Him and DD will be our go to guys.

Anyone see the Tweet from @_TyRogers ? Little off topic but pretty interesting that there is such a large social media following.

The 5 most followed college team Twitter accounts

1. @DukeMBB

2. @IndianaMBB

3. @UMichFootball

4. @AlabamaFTBL

5. @ClemsonFB

This is the thing that I think people miss when talking about IU not being a top of the line job. This fanbase is enormous and crazy. Recent success is negligible but the weight that this program still holds around the country is pretty impressive. We should shoot for the stars when we do move on. I would've never guessed we were #2 on social media though. That's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners