Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just now, Rookie33 said:

I don't blame him.  That said, despite his obvious offensive abilities, I don't think he'll be missed all that much regardless of his next destination (see 2015-2016 season as an example of that).

Oh he'll absolutely be missed. He's not a good defender, but no one on this team is. He's about the only one who can make up for it on offense. The 2015-16 team had Yogi, Max, Troy, Nick, and Hartman, that's why he wasn't missed that much. We have no one like them coming in. Next year's team will miss him dearly. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Oh he'll absolutely be missed. He's not a good defender, but no one on this team is. He's about the only one who can make up for it on offense. The 2015-16 team had Yogi, Max, Troy, Nick, and Hartman, that's why he wasn't missed that much. We have no one like them coming in. Next year's team will miss him dearly. 

Is the tank train going to keep rolling tonight or are we going to take a pit-stop?

I don't blame him.  That said, despite his obvious offensive abilities, I don't think he'll be missed all that much regardless of his next destination (see 2015-2016 season as an example of that).

He will definitely be missed. He is our best player this year. Last year we had Yogi. Yogi was just one of those PG's you rarely see. His on ball defense with OG getting more minutes too made our defense a lot better. Zeisloft, Max and a healthy Colin. Those are the guys we need year in year out. If we had 2 of 3 of those back this year, I have faith we would be a lot better. There are no leaders on this team. It isn't their fault either. You can't make a kid a leader they have to want to be. Last year was a tough class to lose when you add CH to it.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

But they will be sooooo young. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

James is graduating this year correct? If he's not going to the G-League (Once called the D-League) , then I imagine he'll try to be a graduate transfer for a team that actually has a chance at doing something in March. 

Haven't heard about the CTC-Sr thing..wow.. I mean I'd be pissed too if my son's coach wasn't using him correctly. 

I haven't heard a word that JBJ was close to graduating, but Marion is the type of town that runs off their stars. I have heard people saying Sr wants him to go to MSU. Most feel Sr wants him to leave B Town. If we lose tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see JBJ sit out the rest of the way.

If Crean stays the transfers are gonna be just as bad as the NBA kids. We will certainly lose at least 5 kids. Media members don't watch this team game by game. The body language of our guys out there are just not in it. I always felt college basketball and football was one of those jobs covering is almost impossible. They only hear what people want them to hear.

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If Crean stays the transfers are gonna be just as bad as the NBA kids. We will certainly lose at least 5 kids. Media members don't watch this team game by game. The body language of our guys out there are just not in it. I always felt college basketball and football was one of those jobs covering is almost impossible. They only hear what people want them to hear.

James- G-League

OG- NBA

Bryant - NBA/G-League

Green - Transfer

Jones - Transfer 

I'd say this is very very possible. 

James- G-League

OG- NBA

Bryant - NBA/G-League

Green - Transfer

Jones - Transfer 

I'd say this is very very possible. 

The only kids I see staying at least 80% are RoJo, JN, McSwain(may be pushed out), & DD. I think Priller is done regardless. Probably spends last year here on academic scholly. Gelon will probably transfer to lower school.

47 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

To add to it there are rumors around Marion like there usually always are about JBJ but some at school at saying if he doesn't go pro he is gonna try to graduate and transfer.

This gives me hope that if we get a top notch coach in here and his pro prospects aren't great, that there is a chance he might actually stay.  However, if Crean is still here, then I think it would be the best thing for JBJ as he can improve his draft stock by going to a better coach who will know how to use him.  Sadly, if he went to UK, I think he would have been in the NBA already.  Doesn't mean he would have lasted but he would have been drafted 1st round already in my opinion.

To add to it there are rumors around Marion like there usually always are about JBJ but some at school at saying if he doesn't go pro he is gonna try to graduate and transfer.

He would not have been here this year if he would not have got injured last year. Senior did not like Crean before Jr came here. Mom did. Senior wanted James to be one and done. Mom wanted a degree. James is not coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

This gives me hope that if we get a top notch coach in here and his pro prospects aren't great, that there is a chance he might actually stay.  However, if Crean is still here, then I think it would be the best thing for JBJ as he can improve his draft stock by going to a better coach who will know how to use him.  Sadly, if he went to UK, I think he would have been in the NBA already.  Doesn't mean he would have lasted but he would have been drafted 1st round already in my opinion.

I actually think he would have transferred out of Kentucky like Wiltjer did had he gone there.  JBJ can shoot and that's about it; I think his PT would have been more limited at Kentucky than it has been here, and I don't think he (or Senior) would have been satisfied with that.