Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just now, HoosierRob said:

Davis will for sure leave if crean goes. From everything I've heard, he's loyal to crean because crean stayed loyal to him for so long.

Yep that's it. De'Ron is very loyal to Crean since Crean was so loyal to him. Rock and a hard place guys. Davis won't properly develop unless Crean is gone but Davis won't be here if Crean isn't here. Man this all sucks

Yep that's it. De'Ron is very loyal to Crean since Crean was so loyal to him. Rock and a hard place guys. Davis won't properly develop unless Crean is gone but Davis won't be here if Crean isn't here. Man this all sucks

As a program you can't be held back by players. We can't have another Davis situation. That is coming from someone that thinks Davis has been our best player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

As a program you can't be held back by players. We can't have another Davis situation. That is coming from someone that thinks Davis has been our best player.

I think Davis has been one of their better players but IU wouldn't completely fall off without him. He's definitely got a lot of potential though

I think Davis has been one of their better players but IU wouldn't completely fall off without him. He's definitely got a lot of potential though

I don't think any player on our team will make or break anything. To me Davis is a Holt type player.

41 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

Kent Sterling is talking about Crean and the IU job right now:

http://www.cbssports1430.com/pages/15799772.php

Interesting comment from Sterling....telling Crean supporters to fill the stands for the NW game, otherwise "there will be a look-around for who wants the job, and that's a fact".  

13 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It's actually due to his loyalty to Crean. If Crean goes so does he is how I have read it everywhere.

I find it kind of strange that that's the case instead of the other way around. I get being loyal to a guy who stayed loyal to you, but it would be much better for his career if he could develop at IU without Crean. 

2 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Interesting comment from Sterling....telling Crean supporters to fill the stands for the NW game, otherwise "there will be a look-around for who wants the job, and that's a fact".  

I enjoy KS and follow him on Twitter, but does anyone have any insight as to how "close" to the Program he is? Is he considered an "insider" with access to reliable intelligence?

10 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I honestly don't care what players may transfer if Crean is fired, change must be made for the betterment of the program.

I'm with ya here man. Tom Crean has to go and it doesn't matter who would go with him. His players are part of the problem too

I find it kind of strange that that's the case instead of the other way around. I get being loyal to a guy who stayed loyal to you, but it would be much better for his career if he could develop at IU without Crean. 

He did go from being the number 1 player in his class to where he ended up. Obviously many schools backed off. That would do a lot to a kid. Honestly he has been better this year around the hoop scoring than in high school. He was a scorer at the rim who blocked shots. He has developed post moves for sure. Going against TB I practice helps him.

Just hope whomever we land knows how important instate recruiting is. Several prospects for the next 3/4 yrs look to be very valuable comodities. I think instate parents are more knowledgeable about proper basketball to see how the CTC style lacks good concepts. This may be a major reason why we are now having difficulty recruiting at home.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

He did go from being the number 1 player in his class to where he ended up. Obviously many schools backed off. That would do a lot to a kid. Honestly he has been better this year around the hoop scoring than in high school. He was a scorer at the rim who blocked shots. He has developed post moves for sure. Going against TB I practice helps him.

Are people saying that he would transfer to follow Crean wherever he ends up, or that he would transfer to wherever to 'get back at us' for getting rid of Crean?