Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

I just don't see how Glass can keep him. Next year we're losing a lot of talent with no new talent coming in. It'll be worse than this year. Fans have already turned on crean, if this happens next year and Crean is still there all the blame will be on glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed - and all of the noise regarding the short length remaining on his contract (which will negatively impact both the team and recruiting) will be even LOUDER next season (if he stays).  Glass cannot extend him now, so it seems there is no other logical choice for all parties involved but a mutual parting of ways in a mere few weeks.  

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yep, but nothing but status quo. Both are charter members of the Mediocrity Admiration Society.

Geez, I don't like listening to him, but I'm trying right now. How can a former player and coach accept this crap, then call all the fans that want Crean gone a bunch of dumb***es and wanna bes.

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Donovan would attract the elite kids who back out from coaching changes and reclassing late as well as grad transfers. Donovan won't put a product not worth at least top 5 of the B1G. The best part is he probably wins us a title during a year we don't expect it. Come tourney time if we have some talent I have faith in a run with him. I love Stevens and would gladly take him but Billy is my top target. Our chance to land him is now cause 5 years from now....Duke and Syracuse will surely be calling. UNC and maybe U of L as well. Kansas and Arizona as well as UCLA seem to be steady for awhile. Alford could ruin that at any time though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I would take Billy Donovan in a heartbeat. My top guy is still Stevens but Donovan is a close 2nd on my list

Cal has said he has 5 to 10 years left too but I think he leaves for the NBA closer to the time he wants to call it quits. One last chance at redemption for him. So it is either make our run now or compete with Duke, Cuse, UNC, UK, and U of L. We won't get him then so let us go full force. I still believe deep down Crean stays for some reason though. The hardcore fans will start to fade.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

It's time for a change he is living up to what should be iu standards if he isn't gone after this year then we have a much bigger problem with our ad just how I feel about the situation first call Stevens second call Donavan third call Bennett get out the check book and go to work

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

HAHAHA, Dakich just said I go to think about taking calls, I think he is running out of ways to defend the coach! Last caller put him on the spot with: At what point does IU's problems start to fall on Crean? Dakich said yes it does fall on him, after sunshine pumping Crean for calling out players. Lmao.

14 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Geez, I don't like listening to him, but I'm trying right now. How can a former player and coach accept this crap, then call all the fans that want Crean gone a bunch of dumb***es and wanna bes.

I doubt he actually believes the things he says. He's a professional troll, basically. He knows what will get him an audience, and supporting Crean today will bring in a ton of listeners. 

7 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

HAHAHA, Dakich just said I go to think about taking calls, I think he is running out of ways to defend the coach! Last caller put him on the spot with: At what point does IU's problems start to fall on Crean? Dakich said yes it does fall on him, after sunshine pumping Crean for calling out players. Lmao.

He's talking with Fisch now... and he just said "what's (Crean) got to lose"... if they don't want to do it (Crean's) way, sit them on the bench... haven't we been saying that all along? THAT is a Crean decision... THAT is "coaching". SMH

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

He's talking with Fisch now... and he just said "what's (Crean) got to lose"... if they don't want to do it (Crean's) way, sit them on the bench... haven't we been saying that all along? THAT is a Crean decision... THAT is "coaching". SMH

Exactly, when I played a long time ago, if I did play well there was the bench! Why is it so hard for CTC to utilize the old pine time!

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

What I havent heard the talking heads mention is its contract time and what the roster will look like next year. If we lose the big 3(TB, JBJ,OG) and maybe a transfer (DD?) we are looking at a 2010 type year.

May I ask, would you rather keep Crean for the sake of keeping him to avoid that type of season? Just curious, as I'd be more than happy to start from scratch, as it were, if I felt we had a coach that could do what Crean did and more

What I havent heard the talking heads mention is its contract time and what the roster will look like next year. If we lose the big 3(TB, JBJ,OG) and maybe a transfer (DD?) we are looking at a 2010 type year.

Where are TB and JBJ going....? Really starting to doubt their ability to make a move to the NBA. JBJ probably gone no matter what, but damn they've really shot themselves in the foot.

I doubt he actually believes the things he says. He's a professional troll, basically. He knows what will get him an audience, and supporting Crean today will bring in a ton of listeners. 

Not me. Chose not to listen today specifically bc I knew I wouldn't like his stance. He is a troll no doubt. Knowing that, I can tolerate him for what he is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree with everyone about this team being worse next year.

Does glass really wanna go thorough another year of this garbage? All he would be doing is delaying it by another year, when he needs to do it before the fan base gives up on the program.

If he thinks yesterday's attendance was bad, wait til next year if crean is brought back.

17 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Where are TB and JBJ going....? Really starting to doubt their ability to make a move to the NBA. JBJ probably gone no matter what, but damn they've really shot themselves in the foot.

NBA, D-League, Europe? Does it matter - they won't be wearing candy stripes regardless

17 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

NBA, D-League, Europe? Does it matter - they won't be wearing candy stripes regardless

Bryant is a late first rounder (likely).  JBJ will be in D League or Europe likely.  The one who might come back is OG b/c of his injury and his underwhelming (IMO) play prior thereto.  I hope Hartman is given an opportunity to come back though the tea leaves suggest he's being forced out ala Matt Roth (which was ridiculous).