Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

19 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Ken started backtracking. HH is a mod as well. They are sharing info on the mod board. I never knew HH to have sources. He took over after the original mods came over here. The reason he became a mod is his enthusiasm toward Crean. I am sure Ken heard something and I could guess from who. Like I said earlier his info is from other long tenured posters from Scout that had info back in the day. It's weird they are being completely contradictory though. McCarthy has same access to the mod board and would talk to them some. I think if I were to take my emotions out of it I feel as though Glass puts pressure on himself to bring Crean back at this point. Barring something crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Did you know McCarthy is leaving 247?

Archie & Bennett are my top two realistic candidates with Altmanup there but Oregon has money to match. I like Mack & Hoiberg as well. Throw in Enfield, Holtmann & probably Beard as well for our backup backup plans. If I had to pick someone though......

The next coach at THE university of Indiana hahaha jkjk.....the next head coach of THE Indiana University is Archie Miller!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie & Bennett are my top two realistic candidates with Altmanup there but Oregon has money to match. I like Mack & Hoiberg as well. Throw in Enfield, Holtmann & probably Beard as well for our backup backup plans. If I had to pick someone though......

The next coach at THE university of Indiana hahaha jkjk.....the next head coach of THE Indiana University is Archie Miller!!

If we can't convince Stevens, Donavon, or Bennet then Archie is the guy I want.

Archie is making a cool 692,000 this year. It wouldn't take a lot to get him honestly a 2.5 a year would be more than he made in 3 or 4 years at Dayton. He would have to come. Hoping Ohio State gets hot or if Matta gets canned we will have steep competition. He loves Ohio supposedly.

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

I hope it's true. I'm not tuning in! I'll feel bad for those out there competing if it's an empty house but they need to point fingers at spazzy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I won't really feel too bad for them if it's empty. They haven't put a product on the floor that people want to watch. Some of that blame goes to Crean, but he's not the sole reason people aren't showing up. 

27 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

More than Jay Wright? More than Dana Altman? Even Enfield and holtmann seems like a better option

How is Altman, Enfield or Holtmann even in your top 5?  Altman has had 2 defenses capable of winning a title since 2002.  Even Crean has had 3.  Holtmann has had 1 in the last 6 years and Enfield's best is this year at #79.  These guys would all fare the same or worse than Crean just looking at the way they don't value defensive minded teams.

How is Altman, Enfield or Holtmann even in your top 5?  Altman has had 2 defenses capable of winning a title since 2002.  Even Crean has had 3.  Holtmann has had 1 in the last 6 years and Enfield's best is this year at #79.  These guys would all fare the same or worse than Crean just looking at the way they don't value defensive minded teams.

I wouldn't mind Archie, I think he would do well here but take a look at a guy like Altman and what he's done at Oregon and I am personally more impressed with what he's doing. Jay Wright is my number one above anyone else, but a guy like Altman would be awesome here. If he stays at Oregon for the longterm I think he could be a perennial top ten team and I just don't see Archie ever being that at Dayton

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I wouldn't mind Archie, I think he would do well here but take a look at a guy like Altman and what he's done at Oregon and I am personally more impressed with what he's doing. Jay Wright is my number one above anyone else, but a guy like Altman would be awesome here. If he stays at Oregon for the longterm I think he could be a perennial top ten team and I just don't see Archie ever being that at Dayton

I'm saying no to Altman, his defenses typically aren't much better than Crean's.  Gregg Marshall is a better choice than Altman.

I like Archie for the job. Honestly from what I have read Stevens is a hard no, but you have to offer him everything you have to try and lure him. Donavon I also think would be a no depending on what OKC does at the deadline and how they fair in the playoffs. I had never even considered Beard until he was mentioned earlier but I think he could be a good choice. I also think with IU's resources Chris Collins could do really well.