Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I just now remembered so you're not alone.

I was going to mention the Illinois game also.Up 13 if I remember correctly.Out goes at least 3 starters including Victor and we go to a zone against a team who's only strength was shooting.By the time he reacted we were down that much.Thats when I knew we had the problem we're discussing now.

A few knocks on Crean's recruiting since that's where we seem to be in the reasons Crean isn't right for Indiana

- too many offers too little impact
- too much money spent not enough ROE
- recruiting athletes with low bball IQ and the inability to teach it
- recruiting a collection of talent (AAU All Stars) not building teams
- consistently missing a huge piece (a big, shooters, point)
- over signing and needing to push players out

Don't forget he doesn't recruit Indiana either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I notice the trend this thread has took and it is funny, because as much as I loved Victor playing here and wouldn't trade him for any kid we have had in a very long time, it was a horrible thing for Crean. He got lucky with him and gave Crean the mindset he could do that with any kid. Maybe not #2 overall good, but at least good enough to play some basketball. Wing and guard wise he didn't do too bad, but you see the lack of IQ out on the floor. It started awhile ago, but only showed up in spurts until the last year or so. I credit last year to Yogi and us getting hot at the right time. Crean will offer any kid that can jump now because he thinks he could be the next Victor or even half or Victor. Priller and Gelon I have no excuses for lol. IMO that is when I knew our program was in trouble. I knew he could pull out a kid or two every now and then but even Troy was highly ranked, so for all the stans and Newkirks we got a Victor or OG. You can't go 1 for 3 on low ranked kids each class or every other class.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

My ah-ha moment with crean, was the beginning of his 3rd season. I thought from the get-go something was just not right with his offense, but chalked it up to the talent he had the first two years.  I use to bring this up on the old scout site and would routinely get crucified for it.  I think most were still in the honeymoon phase with him.  You know, he pulled us from the abyss when nobody else would do it.  That wore off of me very early.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt and really wanted him to be in charge for 25+ years to come.  I didn't want to go through a rebuild again, after all the hell we had been through.  As soon as all the talk started entering the preseason #1 season, about going undefeated and so on, and losing the way we did to the 'Cuse, I was done.  I was ready to cut ties and do what Ohio State football did!  Go get the guy you want and start winning BIGTIME!  Well, how many years later and we are still dealing with the same STUFF!

I feel like I'm in purgatory and can't get to heaven or hell!  So close to both at different times, but just kinda stuck in the middle!

Was the third year for me as well. I remember thinking yea not much talent (we should have more 3 years in) but we should be winning a few of these games. I remember watching Pitinos rebuild at UK and we werent seeing that. Gut was telling me it was the coach but still hoping it was talent. 2012 BTT game against Wisky sealed the deal for me. Bo made Crean look like a fool and I said as much on another site. Took major heat but I was right.

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I notice the trend this thread has took and it is funny, because as much as I loved Victor playing here and wouldn't trade him for any kid we have had in a very long time, it was a horrible thing for Crean. He got lucky with him and gave Crean the mindset he could do that with any kid. Maybe not #2 overall good, but at least good enough to play some basketball. Wing and guard wise he didn't do too bad, but you see the lack of IQ out on the floor. It started awhile ago, but only showed up in spurts until the last year or so. I credit last year to Yogi and us getting hot at the right time. Crean will offer any kid that can jump now because he thinks he could be the next Victor or even half or Victor. Priller and Gelon I have no excuses for lol. IMO that is when I knew our program was in trouble. I knew he could pull out a kid or two every now and then but even Troy was highly ranked, so for all the stans and Newkirks we got a Victor or OG. You can't go 1 for 3 on low ranked kids each class or every other class.

I said in 2013 Victor was a once in every 10-15 year kid. Cody got Crean the extension and Victor made him think he could pull a rabbit out of the hat every year.

The Syracuse game is the worst for me if nothing more than we seemingly did not make a single half time adjustment.  He couldn't prepare the team for the zone from the opening tip and couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do anything at halftime to change our approach.

Butler got beat at home last night by Creighton.  Post-game from Holtman when asked about Butler's defense.  Have we ever heard anything remotely similar from CTC regarding our sieve defense? 

"Yeah, we've been atrocious," he said. "Atrocious. How can you not have concerns given the numbers. (Creighton was) 9-of-13 from 3, finished 13-of-21. We can't guard inside the line, can't guard outside the line, can't keep some teams off the glass, can't keep some teams off the free throw line, can't defend in transition, can't keep the ball in front."

He paused. He was steaming.

"Guys have career nights on us," he continued. "Their best players have big nights on us. Average players have great nights on us. I think we've been spotty in our play the last month and I obviously have to do a much better job. I think we need better leadership. And hopefully if I do a better job and we get better leadership, we'll be able to play better."

There was more.

"This was similar to Georgetown: Never once did I feel like we were defending with any kind of purpose – at all," Holtmann said. "I never felt like it in the Georgetown game, never in the Creighton game. And as much film as we showed them, as much as we harped on it – it's disappointing."

I am in amazement right now. I sent Fred Glass an email and he just responded to it this morning. If anyone knows how to share an email I will post it. I sent him not a hate email just expressing my dislike for Crean. He basically said the common stuff, but did say the decision of our coach is something they are taking very seriously. This is awesome. Everyone probably assumed either one I was stupid or 2 he wouldn't reply. Like I said if we start flooding his emails and obviously he reads them it can only help our cause.

The fact the April and Priller were on scholarship at IU should tell u all u need to know about Crean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Kris,

Thank you for taking the time to write.  I appreciate all of the input that I receive, and I take it very seriously.  I also very much appreciate your passion for IU Basketball.  Thank you again for taking the time to share your views.  

Go IU!

G. Frederick Glass, BA’81, JD’84

Vice President & Director of Intercollegiate Athletics

Indiana University

21 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Kris,

Thank you for taking the time to write.  I appreciate all of the input that I receive, and I take it very seriously.  I also very much appreciate your passion for IU Basketball.  Thank you again for taking the time to share your views.  

Go IU!

Indiana University

Ummm...Deja vu... for me too:

Stuart,

Go IU!

Indiana University

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I got a different one....

Hovadipo,

You have a great jawline, smile, and personality. I love you.

Go IU!

G. Frederick Glass. BA'81, JD'84

Indiana University

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sounds like the ball is back in your court: you and your fiance are scheduled to be wed, but apparently Fred Glass loves you too.

Does you fiance love your smile, personality, and jawline the way Fred does?

Is either Fred or your fiance giving you the Mante Teo catfish treatment?

Which one is truly willing to fight for your love?

Who you gonna pick, Don Juanadipo?

Sounds like the ball is back in your court: you and your fiance are scheduled to be wed, but apparently Fred Glass loves you too.

Does you fiance love your smile, personality, and jawline the way Fred does?

Is either Fred or your fiance giving you the Mante Teo catfish treatment?

Which one is truly willing to fight for your love?

Who you gonna pick, Don Juanadipo?

Fred Glass has my heart, but he won't FIRE CREAN. My decision is an easy one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners