Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think something that is troubling is that former Crean players think the same things that we do. Not all of them obviously, but I have some firsthand info that some of the more recognizable/beloved guys from recent history have no idea how he is still here.

On the topic of Janitor, I think he regularly made some similar comments when he was around here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Curious how only 41 was able to figure out who he is. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think something that is troubling is that former Crean players think the same things that we do. Not all of them obviously, but I have some firsthand info that some of the more recognizable/beloved guys from recent history have no idea how he is still here.

On the topic of Janitor, I think he regularly made some similar comments when he was around here as well.

I've heard the name of a beloved player that "hates" him.

Cody seems very talkative about the team. The tweet the other day of so we get the best teams and get beat by bad teams got it made that clear to me and him also retweeting something of ipfw is worried IU win hurts them by how bad we have been.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Spit it out! If I had to guess he is from the team that lost to Syracuse in the sweet 16

Your guess would be correct.

I've never used the player's name on the board, and won't now.  I don't usually say anything because I didn't hear it directly from the player and I never have info, it's second hand from someone that knew the player.

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Also has said we are way too talented to have our record and when he was asked who is to blame he said it definitely isnt the players. I have also heard watford wasnt his biggest fan.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I seem to recall a couple players weren't big fans, according to the janitor.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

"JanitorInTheGym" is his moniker and twitter handle. He is hooked in. For real. He is not a fan of Crean. He tweeted this week that alums are starting to get involved in a post-Crean effort.

Thank you.  Sheesh...I feel out of the loop.   If anyone really knows basketball, at least from my chair, it's pretty clear we're paying a guy $3 million annually to do very basic things on the court.  Things any good high school coach could teach, and certainly any college coach with a brain and a little talent can adjust to.   Personally, I know lots of alums who are upset Crean does so poorly recruiting in Indiana.  Let's face it....lots of fans want to follow recruits, and we can't do it because they all go elsewhere.   

Still a LOT of season left.

Sadly I think it will take a free fall for Crean to be fired. Not sure .500 in conference will get him canned.

His recruiting misses and class next season won't help his cause though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

To me it seems the free fall is in full effect.Sad to say I hope I'm right.I really hope he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his ass at this point.This isn't and hasn't been IU basketball for a long time.Holtman would be a major upgrade.

A couple of weeks ago when someone pointed out that this is CTC's 9th season, it really sunk in that other programs have come back from worse and achieved more in less time.  Look at Kentucky after the Emory cash delivery - they were having greater success in half as many years.  There is nothing about the program that is trending upward - especially recruiting. 

This season is reminding me of the year after our Final Four run with Davis. We were 8-0 going into the UK game, ranked 6th or 7th in the country, then Davis lost his mind at the end of that game and we went .500 the rest of the way. 

Curious how only 41 was able to figure out who he is. 

He contacted him directly and had convos. We were trying to guess and figure it out for a while on the mod board. There was a thread he started the athletic department asked us to take down immediately after he started it. Denied then announced a couple days later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app