Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I am seeing this a lot on Twitter. I am just really blown away by this. We have a rough season and so many are turning their backs on him, even though he has led IU out of the dark times. What do you think? Are you on the "Fire Tom Crean" train?

Not yet. And don't want to be the "give him one more year guy", but think you give him next year's team. Hopefully with development from returning players, and if they are as good as what some of us think they can be then great. If he underachieves then I would not be completely opposed to looking elsewhere for the future of the program. I do like Crean, but recent play has just been so ugly to watch

Yes it sucks to lose, but to turn your back on coach cause we have a young team is complete BS! These kids are still learning, give em a damn chance! I've been sayin since BEFORE the season started it was gonna be a bumpy ride because of the lack of experience. I don't understand people at all <br /><br /><br />

There will be more transfers if he doesn't get things under control he's got tons of talent on the bench. Also Hollowell makes me so mad he shouldn't be a starter if he's not going to score.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using BtownBanners mobile app

Like I said about a month ago I think his seat will start getting a little warm if we miss the tournament, that is looking quite likely at this point. If we win only say 5 conference games I think he'll start getting a little toasty. This team is pretty talented yet they are just so awful to watch, they makes the same mistakes over and over again, thats on the coach to correct. I don't wan't him fired this year but if this continues next year too my mind might be changed. The media is starting to pick up on the deficiencies us fans have been talking about for a while, thats usually how it all starts. 

Not yet. And don't want to be the "give him one more year guy", but think you give him next year's team. Hopefully with development from returning players, and if they are as good as what some of us think they can be then great. If he underachieves then I would not be completely opposed to looking elsewhere for the future of the program. I do like Crean, but recent play has just been so ugly to watch

Yep.  This is where I am.  I was actually encouraged by some of the things in the game today.  I was more pissed in the cupcakes than this game.  We had 15 turnovers.  We got them to 11.  We were out rebounded by 2 against a team who that is their trademark.  That said, some of the things that have been around for years are pissing people off.  He will get another year for sure.  

There will be more transfers if he doesn't get things under control he's got tons of talent on the bench. Also Hollowell makes me so mad he shouldn't be a starter if he's not going to score.

There's A LOT more to the game than scoring, but Jeremy isn't really doing those either.

Yes it sucks to lose, but to turn your back on coach cause we have a young team is complete BS! These kids are still learning, give em a damn chance! I've been sayin since BEFORE the season started it was gonna be a bumpy ride because of the lack of experience. I don't understand people at all <br /><br /><br />Yuk

You don't understand why people are upset? Its because this team was expected to be and should be a top 30 team that makes the tourney relatively easy, we aren't even close to either of those things. 

You don't understand why people are upset? Its because this team was expected to be and should be a top 30 team that makes the tourney relatively easy, we aren't even close to either of those things.

no I meant I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO FIRE SOMEBODY OVER ONE SEASON? <br /><br /><br />

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="27761" timestamp="1388870798"]There's A LOT more to the game than scoring, but Jeremy isn't really doing those either.[/quote] I think scoring is pretty important when they lost by alot balanced scoring will win games.

I think all of you that are wanting to fire crean have forgotten what he has done for the hoosiers since his hiring. Tom has brought the hoosiers out of the " dark era" please stop the negative thoughts. If yall are true hosier bball fans then you would know who and what we lost last year and that the young talent that we have will be even better next year... so all i need to say is... GET OFF OF TOM CREANS BACK AND SUPPORT HIM...He is the best coach we have had since Bobby Knight!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

I said at the beginning of the year, if we miss the tourney this year I am ready for the hot seat. Fail again next year, get a new coach. The rebuild was over 2 years ago and Indiana is a program that I fully expect in the tourney every year with at least a shot at making a national title run. I'm tired of seeing Ohio state, Michigan state, Wisconsin, having great teams year in and year out...obviously their system works for them to handle departures, transfers, injuries,etc... I like crean and want him to succeed, but he needs to start improving as a coach and in a hurry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app