Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Fire Izzo! He lost. See how absurd these Fire Tom Creen posts are?

You guys really don't read any of the actual posts do you? But hey, it is easier to just read the thread title and jump to conclusions. People want Crean gone because of the lack of consistency and lack of tournament success outside of one year. 

. Sean Miller has underperformed with some of the most talented teams in the country. He recruits at the highest level, and performs at the successful level. Never done more than an Elite Eight. Meanwhile, Crean has coached to a Final Four. Sure he had DWade, but look at what Miller has had.

Miller has never had anything close to Wade and Miller has consistently been in position to get to a final four. Miller has also never had a Zeller or Oladipo. Crean gets all the credit for developing Oladipo. I'm not saying that Miller is far and away better, I was just defending Miller from people who think he isn't as good as Crean. I'm not sure how much better, but he's better. The fact people say he's done little with a lot is a joke to me. 3 straight elite 8's and losing to Bo Ryan's best assortment of talent in his career, is not doing little. It's putting his program in great position and losing to the better team. He's got an insane recruiting class coming and is the favorite to land Josh Jackson. So we will find out very soon just how good Miller is with "Wade-like" talent.

Miller has never had anything close to Wade and Miller has consistently been in position to get to a final four. Miller has also never had a Zeller or Oladipo. Crean gets all the credit for developing Oladipo. I'm not saying that Miller is far and away better, I was just defending Miller from people who think he isn't as good as Crean. I'm not sure how much better, but he's better. The fact people say he's done little with a lot is a joke to me. 3 straight elite 8's and losing to Bo Ryan's best assortment of talent in his career, is not doing little. It's putting his program in great position and losing to the better team. He's got an insane recruiting class coming and is the favorite to land Josh Jackson. So we will find out very soon just how good Miller is with "Wade-like" talent.

Agree to disagree. He'll have Alkins next year though, so should find out next year.

To elaborate though, the guy consistently signs top 20 players, and multiple 5 stars. His teams are LOADED. I'd argue the talent he compiled is more valuable than one player.

For the people still supporting Crean how many more tournaments do we have to fail to live up to our desired Blue Blood status before he loses your support?  Or does tournament just not matter at this point?

Crean has never won more than 4 postseason games in a season.  NEVER.  At what point do we admit thats not up to our standard. 

Next year is the most crucial of his tenure. This year, he did slightly above expectations in reg season and slightly below in post season.

Problem is, most see next season as a "down season". It can't be. He needs to learn how to annually compete.

Next year needs to be solid plus a big 2017 recruiting class.

For the people still supporting Crean how many more tournaments do we have to fail to live up to our desired Blue Blood status before he loses your support?  Or does tournament just not matter at this point?

Crean has never won more than 4 postseason games in a season.  NEVER.  At what point do we admit thats not up to our standard. 

Unfortunately an entire generation has passed from seeing a consistent winner. I think more new students and fans are being raised to settle for less. I've seen this first hand with St. Johns and how they are practically withered down from their glory days. I fear we are heading down that path.